BYYB Forums

Full Version: tap, tap, tap.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
is this thing on? Where is everybody? What's up?
Quote:is this thing on? Where is everybody? What's up?

Out sailing!
My brother was down with his wife fron Chiago last wek, so I left Saralee inthe water at my buddy's dock and we sailed three times last week. The predictions went up to 10 to 20 kts front the N and E but thr reality was more like 6-8s when that. THias is supposed to be our best month for sailing. I guess no canes no wind???? Shes back on the trailer as of last night.
I just got in from a nice sailing weekend. The winds were great till we tried to get back. They started blowing around 20-25 straight at my bow. Good thing I put some gas in the tank. That old evinrude 6hp is worth every bit of the $75 I paid for it. I was sailing with my boom in the water a couple of times, the cabin was a big mess, but my Pussers stayed put thanks to Bud and his bottle holder. We had a great couple of nights camping on the lake with a campfire burning. The stars were bright and several were shooting across the sky. You should have been there. Top speed this weekend was 6.8 knots and we were cruisin at 5 for a lot of the time. You SE folks need to get your hulls wet before it gets too cold.

Keith
Still down from that pirate attack off the Barbary coast.... Tongue
This past weekend I've been working, my boat is still in the water, which is soft for now. On Monday Keith Shergold and I are going to sail our Weekender and Vacationer to the boat launch to put them away for the season. Our fall weather has been unseasonably warm, but it will likely come to and abrupt end by next week. I think we are the last sailboats left in the lake this year. With the temperature forcast to be -8 celsius tomorrow, we'll need an extra ration of Nelson's Blood to defrost :lol: Confusedhock: :wink:
The temp dropped down to the low twenties the past couple of nights. Grounds getting hard, too, I know because I fell on my backside.

The last deluge, before the freeze, left my twin-keeler with a ripped tarp and a boat load of water. :evil:

I love wet vacuums

The metal roofing is on, the wiring is strung to the wall boxes, half the upstairs is insulated, and all the windows are installed. Big Grin

Heck the old oil drip stove has been behaving this week.

Now if only the engineer from the power company shows up this week, I'll feel like I'm getting some where. My generator has been real good to me, but she's painted red and gets cranky if I don't change her plug and oil regularly. :roll:

I want to go sailing, and I wonder if I can talk Lars into a last of the season sail this weekend?

Hmm Idea
Well, it sounds like everyone is staying busy and getting in a few last sails. It is lovely here this time of year, but like Mike I am trying to button some things up before old man winter rears his ugly head.

Brit glad you are on the mend. How is the pain, did you get the relief you had hoped?
All the pain from before the surgery is gone now, thanks, angie. Now, the LONG porcess of getting rid of the surgery pain Big Grin . What really sucks is that I missed out on the last part of my first sailing season. There are plenty of fixes and upgrades for the Pearl this winter though, so as soon as I can, it's back to work.
We have plenty of the white stuff here now and it looks like the water is getting stiff as well.

Sailing Season is officially over for me.
Pages: 1 2 3