BYYB Forums

Full Version: Happy Thanksgiving Fellow Canucks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I'm about done with outside boatbuilding for the year. We have had spectacular weather here in Southern Ontario this long weekend and I was able to get the deck fiberglassed and some painting done. I've even managed to update my website after a fashion. All the tools have been moved back to the basement though and the temperature is below freezing pretty much every night now so I can't count on many more days that I can work on the boat until spring. I have the mast and spars to work on in the basement and a long "honey-do" list ahead of me for the winter.

My loving wife has prepared a turkey and pumpkin pie (can't be a Pie Rat without pie!). I hope everyone else's Thanksgiving is as good as mine has been. Despite many challenges this past year I know that I have a lot to be thankful for.
I'm still stuffed from yesterdays feast of turkey with all the trimmings and both apple and pumpkin pie YUMMMM!

I still have Ginny Rae in the water, this fall has been fantastic, today was are first bit of real cold -7 Celsius. The long range forcast to the weekend is lows of -2 and highs of +4. I gotta get out at least one more time this week. As my shift just ended this morning, I'll have the time to do it, then on to the trailer and tarp her up for the season.

My boat shed is empty, I hope to build a pair of Stevenson 2 seat kayaks with youth in our local Venture Company, then they can try them out on our annual Scout canoe trip in the spring.

After sailing Keith Shergold's Weekender my son has abandoned the Skipjack thoughts, and is motivated to build one the winter as well. If he gets is finances in order, Keith and I will help him build it.

Greg
This Past weekend was definately filled with a lot of eating. The family and I went down to my Wife's Gandrmothers for the festivities. We ended up having two dinners with her family and when we came home we had an additional turkey dinner at her Dad's house. Needless to say, nobody went hungry.

With everything going on in the world we can definately find several things to give thanks for.

As far as sailing goes it is cold and since the Mini-Cat is such a wet boat she has been trailered for some time already. I can't imagine sailing her in this weather. It will be nice when I get the weekender re-finished, I will be able to sail her long into the fall season.

Andrew, I cannot believe how much you have gotten done your your weekender project. Looks like she is coming along nicely. You will be sailing her next year.

Cheers All