BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I’d like to introduce myself.  I am Tom Christensen from Greensboro NC.  I am currently somewhere in the middle phase of building a pocket cruiser with a few minor modifications.    Like to believe I’m closer to the end than the beginning, but definitely have a way to go yet.  I’ve been attracted to boat building by interests that I appear to have in common with many of you, mainly enjoyment of woodworking and sailing and a love of rum.  Honoring the idea that a picture is worth a thousand words, my progress to date is displayed below (I hope).

[attachment=1]

I’ve been lurking about on line and at the SE Fleet Solstice trying to learn as much as possible from this talented group (thanks to Ed Jones, Karl Nisson, and Richard Norman who have advised to thus far).  I’ve reached a point where it appears I may benefit greatly by throwing a couple questions out to this group.  So having introduced myself, I’ll head on over to the builders forum and throw out my burning questions about bilge boards, center boards, and swing keels, and other control surface options for the pocket cruiser before I returning to moaning about fiberglass, sanding epoxy drips,  cold weather and all other things that mess up a perfectly good wood working project.

Am looking forward to absorbing all I can and hopefully contributing a bit to others through this forum.
Take care,
Tom
Welcome Aboard Tom Glad to meet You, Questions? Just fire away mate whatever you may be experiencing someone here has probably been there and done that.
Again welcome to the madness, now I'm off to see yer questions...

Brian.
Welcome and enjoy the fun.

aaron_stokes

welcome aboard!
Welcome aboard Tom,

Glad to see another builder in the Triad area.
Welcome Tom, my son and I hope to start a Pocket Cruiser after Christmas, and if the plans we ordered arrive by then. My son wanted a Stevenson boat different from the Weekender and Vacationer that he has sailed. Perhaps we may be able to assist each other in the building process as things progress. My moaning chair saw a lot of use during Ginny Rae's construction. Keep at it, the plans can be strayed from a bit, and still result in a fine vessel.

Greg