BYYB Forums

Full Version: Somewhere To Sit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm moving along. I now have all the seat parts cut out and the inside sections coated with resin. When the resin cures (it's getting cool up here - takes a while) then I'll apply a coat of primer and close things up.

I do think that I've made a bit of a "whoops" on my seat backs though. At the stern, the seat backs are almost vertical. Right at the cabin bulkhead though - following the plans (sort of), I ended up with quite an angle on them.

I've managed to cut the seat backs to fit though so all should be fine regardless. The instructions say "cut to fit" and that certainly was the case for me. Each side was slightly different and I've ended up with a high spot where the centre seat bulkhead is. The seat backs then had to be cut with a curve to match.

[Image: seats4.gif]
Welcome to the wonderful world of custom yacht construction. Ain't it cool . . .
They do have quite an angle to them at the cabin bulkhead. When you combine the angle of the bulkhead to the bottom/keel and a slightly different angle of the seat itself, it makes the bulkhead/seat relationship more like lounging. Actually I prefer it that way myself. And yes at the Lazerette, it is quite near vertical.

When it sits in the water, you will find that the seats themselves are nearly flat/level, (fore/aft) and it not only looks right, it tends to feel just fine too.

So I wouldn't fuss much about it as one side will inevitably be slightly different than the other. Doubt seriously that anyone will notice but you. :wink:

It is looking good Andrew, just keep on going.
Whoops's are ok, it's the "AH SH#T'$" that cost money. Big Grin
Lookin great Andrew, Looks like a boat I hope thats what your going for 8) .
Brit youve said it all.

Brian