BYYB Forums

Full Version: little more prog.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I finnally got my floor attatched to my keel I can't believe how long it took me by myself, all of sat. and sunday, whipped the heck outa me too,
I hope to attatch my stringers and at least transome this week after work each night (but I'm not holding my breath) after seeing how long it took to install the floor, Hey Bud you were right about those square hole screws, I have to get some of those, Dang phillips strip so easy, in fact I wanna smack phillip. :lol: Heres a pic of my progress so far...
[Image: floorday4cpy.JPG]

Brian.
Robertson screws - another Canadian Invention
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_screw
Quote:Robertson screws - another Canadian Invention
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_screw

I've commented on these before to other people for other projects.

Seems nobody uses Robertson except us Canadians...

Too bad for Everyone Else! Big Grin

BTW: Torx screws were created to do similar work. You see them in use in Electronics and cars all the time now. I know you can get machine screws with this head type. I've heard wood screws are available. This could be an alternativefor those of you "South of the Border".
I will have to look into torx woodscrews heck I'm all set up for them.
Robertson screws thats the ones I have been seeing alot more of them lately around here I'll have to go down to ace and get some, Thank You.

Brian
I have not had much good luck with square drive tips and screws. I mounted my rub rails with them, and in places that they would not sink, they stripped out and had to be machined out, causing much collateral damage and the use of unfamiliar language. That's all I have to say about that, and will not open my mouth on the subject again.

James Sanders

Ahoy Brian,

Congratulations on a fine start!
(The photo was a little dark on our computer, but when we lightened it up and added some contrast, everything became clear. )

What a nice job you're doing!

Brian R Walters

Just a thought about the Robertson screw... looks like Brit found this out already, but they aren't the same as square-drive. Robertsons have a taper (4 degrees I think) - that's why they hold onto the driver bit so well.
Looking more and more like a boat, Bri. Good job
Looking good Brian. Square heads are great. I use them all the time building cabnets and such. I bought some stainless square heads from Southern Crown Boatworks here near Atlanta for a good price. You can do a search for them and check their prices online. They were very helpful.

Keith
Lookin good Brian. Keep at it. The BEER is coming you know....

Tim_Schuy

Looks great Brian,

And you have a good lead on me to get err done... My shop is just about done (waiting on the landlord to complete the electrical wiring) as most of my building will be done inside and old lumber mill that has been converted over to storage space. I purchased a ton of clamps from Harbor Frieght and still feel like I don't have enough, plus additional tools and a new Dewalt router in preparation, while I'm waiting.

Working on building a website for tracking my progress too...

It'll be nice to finally get some sawdust in my hair....

Cheers,

Tim
Pages: 1 2