BYYB Forums

Full Version: once just wasn't enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in fact - i plan on going to Walker at least once a month from now on -

Here are some shots of this weekend. I took my dad again - we did some really neat ghosting - the winds were very light but according to the gps we were moving at 2.0 mph - and at times there was no wind to speak of.

i rough cut a new rudder out of a piece of ply and shaped it with a sure form the morning we went out....not exactly a beautiful piece but so much of an improvement on the handling that i am excited about the prospect of making a rudder with an appropriate foil...

The sunset was really just amazing:

[Image: IMGP1947.jpg]

[Image: IMGP1959.jpg]

the ramp is steep and perfect for launching/retrieving the boat:

[Image: P9030152.sized.jpg]

we motored to the north end of the lake because it was labor day and we wanted to avoid the crowd (there were two other boats)

[Image: P9030033.sized.jpg]

the old guy enjoyed the scenery - the lake is a stop over for migratory foul and can be pretty amazing:

[Image: P9030034.sized.jpg]

[Image: P9030058.sized.jpg]

there wasn't much wind to speak of - but we tried to get some shots of the boat sailing - it wasn't until we went out into the middle of the lake that we caught some of the wind that swirls around the lake....but it was a nice day:

[Image: P9030081.sized.jpg]

[Image: P9030095.sized.jpg]

[Image: P9030125.sized.jpg]

i was able to get the boat running - but there wasn't enough wind to pull of a nice wing and wing shot...

[Image: IMGP1888.jpg]

[Image: IMGP1917.jpg]

it was a nice day

a.