BYYB Forums

Full Version: New guy here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Mike Routley

I am new at all of this. I hope to have the plans and start my pocket cruiser by the end of the week. I am all a twitter with anticipation. This looks like a great place to get help, so I am sure I'll be back often. Any members from the Olympia, Wa area? Big Grin Remember---Shiney side up.
Welcome Mike, I think we do have some folks from WA on the board here, I lived up in Kent for a while but I'm back home in GA now. The PC is a great boat, we have several in the SE fleet. You'll be happy you decided to build it. Feel free to ask questions add comments and make yourself well know around here. Hopefully you can get together with other builders in your area and take a sail aboard one of these fine boats. We don't have a NW fleet right now but with you and a couple others we can get one together. Keep us posted on you progress

Keith

James Sanders

Ahoy Mike,

Good to have your aboard. Welcome, most welcome! Barry Pyeatt is up your way. Maybe you and Barry can get together!

NoelVanHook

Welcome, Mike! I'm up in Bothell, and own a Weekender. There are a few of us here in the Puget Sound. Seems to me someone should organize a messabout here...

Noel

Steven Hunt

That sounds like a great idea Noel! Let us know if we can help!
You're the man Noel. Smile

NoelVanHook

Ah, so that is how it works eh? No wonder nobody wonders why there hasn't been one up here. It's too dangerous. :-)

I don't mind organizing it, but I've never even been to one, so I don't know what all is involved. Under my direction, it would end up at my place with you all helping me flip my boat over so I can repair the keel.
:-D

Maybe we can all go out to Hope Island or something? I haven't been there yet.

Noel
Count me in on anything happening for next spring or later.
Welcome to the madness Mike. I'm in the Everett/Mukilteo area but am happy to be of assistance if you need it.

Nice to see a Pocket Cruiser being built in this area. I will follow your progress with much interest. 8)
Noel You must not have read the fine print about the P/C. If you build one you have to host the next messabout in your area. I didn't read it eather and Sept 22 & 23 will be my second messabout hosting. The good thing about not haveing gone to one is you can do anything you like and say you didn't know any better. The good thing about being the host is you pick the place you like the time you like and everyone else has to work around it. It aint all bad. :wink: Bud.
Pages: 1 2