BYYB Forums

Full Version: little progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I finally got my keel sanded all the holes for the bolts and washers drilled, filled all the holes with cpes and got two coats of cpes on.
Man I gotta get a respirator all I had was a rag wraped around my head
the fumes from that stuff is purdy powerfull when I got done I kinda looked like this...

[Image: cptcpy3.jpg]

I have a question, should I wait a couple days till this stuff cures(the cpes) before I fill the bolt holes with thickened epoxy?

Thanks in advance.

Brian.
Your best bet is to wash your face and hands, and stay clear of the curing CPES until the condition subsides Tongue

Check the manufacturer's directions, but I would let it cure for at least 24 hours before introducing any new chemicals.

James Sanders

Ahoy Brian,

What a great photo! I'm not sure on how to answer your question on curing. (You might want to e-mail the factory.) It would seem to me, though, applying epoxy over epoxy that is not yet completely cured would result in a chemical bond. And that would be good.

I am probably the worst to ask about epoxy, but that would be my guess—
  • Epoxy over uncured epoxy = chemical bond.
    Epoxy over cured epoxy (rough surface) = mechanical bond.

Either way, you probably can't go wrong here. Good luck with your boatbuilding!
Hey Brian, is that the picture someone took of you at Hartwell after drinking the Pusser's? It sure looks familair. Now either pull that lower lip a little further over your head and swallow or get back to work!

Keith
Thank you Brit and Jim for your speedy reply, I think I'm going to let it cure first before I fill in the holes.
Keith I guess I hafta go back to work my lip wont go any higher.acctually I liked the pussers but yer right it took some gettin' used to.

Brian.