BYYB Forums

Full Version: Ghost Sail at Lake Pleasant AZ 10/27 thru 10/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Steven Hunt

OK gang, let's see how long we can make this topic! 8)

I posted an invite in the messabout forum... let's see how many "snowbirds" take the bait! :wink:

I know some of you have already sailed Lake Pleasant but for those not familiar here is a link to it's website for more detailed info:

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleas...ating.aspx
i liked it there....i am getting all practiced up - i took morgaine to Walker Lake for some sailing this weekend!!! WOW nice to have a go at sailing on a nice big lake with steady winds!!! i posted a story in the sailing stories spot that noone reads...hehehe

i am all about going to Lake Pleasant in octoBEER...hehehe

a.
lucky for me OctoBEER 27th is NEvada Day - no school, no work...i am IN for the GhOSt sAiL....

a.
I'll be there. Sounds like fun. I just wonder if I'll have to have a license plate on my boat trailer to cross state lines. We're not required to have one here in Utah. I'll have to check with DMV when I get a chance.

Darick_Anderson

I still don't know if I gonna make it to the ghost cruise or not, but I am working on it. We had a great time at Pine lake last weekend and it does have a boat ramp after all. :evil: It's kinda small for sailing but it could be done. We hiked around Bryce canyon and had dinner at Ruby's Inn, and caught a bunch of trout at the lake. If ya get a chance to go to bryce canyon, do. It's a really neat place. I think we are gonna cut the top off Nimbus after all, I'll have to go back and dig up those pics you all sent me. My wife wants more room and I don't want ot build a Pontoon. I reckon it will be ok. We got the paint on my sons pee row and we are gonna try to get it out this weekend, I'll let ya know how it went. Big Grin
Derick in answer to your question about the kicked i would go with a 28:1 or even perhaps a 32:1 fuel/oil mixture. 1 oz oil to 28 oz or 32 oz of gas.

Darick_Anderson

Thanks Bill, I'll see if I can get it running this weekend Big Grin
Look what I got fer the ghost sail

[Image: normal_piratesword.jpg]
wOW bRIT, but where does the water squirt out??? Looks good. I need to go shopping I guess.
So is this ghost sail gonna be a costume thing?
Pages: 1 2