BYYB Forums

Full Version: A hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Joel Coley

Hi,
I just registered today after lurking for a week or two,and am just introducing myself.
Wife just ordered the Vac plans for me for a bday present so I will probably need lots of help from you gurus. (Have seen some nice boats being built on here, kudos to all)

So it isnt a totally wasted post I found a couple of tips on net that seem like they may work-

Nonskid paint -Put Epson Salts in salt shaker, on next to last coat sprinkle liberaly with salt, let dry, spray with water until salts are dissolved, repaint.

Epoxy bubbles- mist with LIGHT spray of denatured alcohol OR pass torch over bubbles.

Dont know if these work(you may already know these but they sound sensible to me.)

Joel

James Sanders

Ahoy Joel,

Welcome aboard. It's good to have you. You hail from Alabama, do you? Is your home near the Gulf Coast? If so, several people may be in your immediate area. Craig Gleason lives in the panhandle of Florida and has a Vacationer, a good one. He'll even take you sailing out to the 5-mile buoy.

Use a blowtourch, you say? I can honestly tell you there have been times I have thought about that with my own boat. Boat burnings and hot dogs can sometimes relieve a lot of stress. Sometimes that 's the only thing you can do.

Seriously, though, you'll have a lot of fun building your boat, and helping others burn theirs. You'll receive a lot of good help here on BYYB on both accounts. Welcome!

Joel Coley

no No NO "DON'T BURN YOUR BOAT DOWN!!!

The torch thing was to soften the fiberglass enuf to let bubbles come to surface while still uncured I think, unless you like the scorched look, lol.(tell em it was a battle on the hi seas). Tongue.

Sad to say I live far from salt water but I do have a nice lake close by (Guntersville), I am closer to the Tenn. and GA. people i.e. Northeast Al.
Still thanks for the welcome and I know it will be a blast(especially if I use torch method).
That "scorched look" sounds intriguing. Tongue

Welcome aboard.
Joel, welcome aboard.

You should come up to the Nickajack messabout. I would guess you are within about 50-60 miles from it if you are near Guntersville.

You will get see all three designs and them some.............
Joel - go checkout the Southeast Fleet and the Messabout forums for information on the Nickjack messabout next month. Looks like it is in your neighborhood.

Welcome to the madness (there is no cure you know)
Do come and join us. There will be at least two Vacs there. If you come Brian moves up to 1st Mate as opposed to 1st,2nd and 3rd. :lol: Brian I don't hear that saw running!!
Hey Joel
I will need a crew so if you come to Nickajack you will be Shanghai'ed.

Welcome To the Insanity
Karl
Welcome Joel, you have got to come to the Nickajack messabout in September. I'll be glad to take you sailing aboard my Vacationer Whippoorwill. Craigs will be there as well for you to look at and probably sail aboard. See you on the water

Keith
Welcome Aboad Joel. Now get your camping stuff ready for the Nickajack Messabout. If you are coming up the river, just come up to the next dam lock through and you are there. If you are going to drive go to Scottsboro pick up US 72 N. to Kimball Tn. take I 24 E second exit get off at bottom of ramp turn right shellmound rec. you will see this motley bunch. Come on up you can get a good look at some nice boats. more info than you wan't and a good time to boot. Oyea bring the Admiral (wife) if you want there will be some in attendance. kids dog cat what ever turns your crank. Weekend of Sept 22 & 23. Bud. Smile
Pages: 1 2