BYYB Forums

Full Version: I'm baaaack!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't been on this board for about a year and a half and my Weekender has been sitting idle for most of that time. It remains upside down. I used to have the username, "tubegruve". Perhaps some of you remember me. Anyway, I've been frozen like a deer in the headlights for some time as life has been swinging radically up and down for me. However, this year, my wife and I were able to go to Europe where we were able to visit and sail with Milos in Slovenia. I assume most of you recognize that name and know of whom I speak. Our time with him and his family was absolutely magical and I am now inspired to pick up the sander, glass and all that other stuff and push like heck to finish this project. I am now working on it with most of the spare time I have. It is good to be back here and back at my boat!

James Sanders

Ahoy Tom,

Welcome back. Glad to know you spent some time with Milos and his family. They seem like fine people. Might you have any photos you could share with us? Where else in Europe did you travel?

Good luck on your boatbuilding!
Ahoy Tom,
Was thinking about what might have happened to you and your Weekender. Last I remember you have moved to the top of a hill with an outstanding vista. Glad to hear that you are back at it again.
Hey Barry. Glad to see you're still about. You always have great info for us all. Yes, my boat was at a friend's ranch overlooking Tomales Bay, but I knew it was only temporary and another friend has allowed me to put it on his property which is much closer to our home. When I first started, we were renting a house and our landlord was not too happy about my activities which is why we moved it in the first place. Last summer, we bought a condo and again, we don't have a place here on the premises where I can build, so fortunately we have friends willing to help us out.

I do indeed have photos, but I don't know how to post them here on the BB. However as soon as I get a chance I can put up a quick web page and post a link. I'm entering a very busy period so no promises on getting that done. The boat has very high priority!

In addition to visiting with Milos in Slovenia, we also traveled in Germany, Croatia, Italy, France and Belgium. It was a trip of a lifetime and I remain in awe. Europe was a great place to be this year with the World Cup and all. I have family in Germany (where I was born) and we spent time with many family members there. My aunt and uncle celebrated a 50th anniversary, which was the main reason for going in the first place. However, we thought that with a trip of that magnitude, we should do all we possibly could while we were there. I think we did pretty good.