BYYB Forums

Full Version: SW FLEET ROCKs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
the big surprise this weekend came from Steve Downs - he made patches for each of the messabouts in this last year - recognizing the boats that launched! WHAT A GUY !!!

[Image: surprise.sized.jpg]

i'm super tired - the arizona folks are still on the road....more soon!

a.
Survived the trip home. Steve's patches are AWESOME! Now I have to find a jacket to sew 'em on.

Can't think of a better way to close out the season, at least for myself. Sailing is a great experience, sailing with friends is even better. The after dinner entertainment was an experience I won't soon forget. It was great to meet Steve Hunt finally. Looking forward to the launch of his skipjack. Hope I can be there for it.

I forgot my camera on this trip. :evil: Hopefully I can talk you guys into emailing me some full-size photos.
i haven't sorted through my pics much yet...i do have this one of your arrival:

[Image: britsboat.jpg]

i'll post more tomorrow 8) i'm super tired

a.

James Sanders

Hi folks,

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

That Steve is really a special person. Leave it to him to think of making patches for everyone!
this is my favorite pic so far!

[Image: alohacannon.sized.jpg]

that silly PhiL and Steve H., they lOooked friendly enough until they pulled out the cannon:

[Image: alohapirate.sized.jpg]

the group photo w/o Steve D. and Phil - who are the early risers

[Image: swfleet.jpg]

and another photo:

[Image: reef.sized.jpg]

more tomorrow

a.
I had a blast. What a great weekend. Thanks everyone for some terrific memories. I'm paying for it now though, I'm absolutely exhausted. I had to go to Springdale last night and play for the cast of Circus Solie (sp?) at the Bit & Spur saloon. They have a retreat every year and I've been able to play for them for the last 4 years. I was so tired I had to stop in the middle of the concert and get some orange juice, my blood sugar was so low. Made it through and went to bed early but I'm still tired today. I guess I'll make it though. Thanks for the great pictures Adla. I saw that one of Phil and Steve H. up close and personal. If only I was 10 years younger.
What a fun time :!: Big Grin

You can see I was having fun. It was also great to have a chief gunner and jib sheetman. We didn't get around to an organized game, but we did have a few piratical moments.

The most memorable for me was after we attempted to "cool off" Derrik and could see that Bill also was suffering from sunstroke and was in serious need of our assistance. Derrik was calling his family to warn them that he was under attack. Before very long a three-man canoe apeared from nowhere. It was manned by Derriks confederates loaded with water balloons. They were right on us with no mercy. We were only saved by the fact that in their zeal to propell these dasterly wepons upon us they forgot that a canoe can be overset by too many launchings at one instant. They were swamped before much insued, but that was not the end. Some of them were even trying to hit us waterlogged and in peril. It was so eventful, that I could not man a camera. I hope Steve H., my chief gunner had a clearer head in the heat of battle, for such a heroic effort should be recorded. (HeHE as AdLa wouDl say).

Thanks, everybody for the great conversation, food, FUN and great Memories. Thanks Steve D. for the patches. I've got to find some fitting way to display them. Can you sew them to a sail much as an ACE would paint his kills on his plane?

Darick_Anderson

WHAT A GREAAAAAAAAAAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Attacking with the canoe was a tatic worthy of a medal, if Phil had not sunk them in the process. Confusedhock: Me and Bill were laughing so hard, I almost forgot about the rescue. Thanks for fishing my kids out of the water Phil and Steve Big Grin . Wow!!! what a blast.

I want you all to know that for me it's not the boats, it's the people that makes this so fun. Steve's singin and funny stories make for the best camfires with everyone gathered around. A rousing round of brodsides on the lake to test your swimming skills, and the ocaisional gust from nowhere to send you scrambling. It's just keeps ya goin til next time.

Thanks to all of you Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Well, it was a really long drive but worth every moment of it. Steve H got to see much of the different landscapes which Arizona, Utah, and Nevada have to "offer"

here are some of the pictures i have

in this shot you can see Phil pulling in his prize after succesfully scuttling the savage attackers.

[Image: prize2.JPG]

and other shot of the prize

[Image: prize.JPG]

here are a few shots of the boats as we beached for lunch, there is one missing who opted to drive over instead of sail

[Image: fleet3.JPG]

[Image: fleet2.JPG]

[Image: fleet.JPG]

here is everyone around the campfire enjoying the entertainment provided by Steve and Brit.

[Image: campfire.JPG]

this is a panoramic shot of the lake.

[Image: pano.jpg]

as Derick mentioned before, the people and the fun are more important than the boats, they are just the "tie which binds us".

the memories and experiences and fellowship are what WE ARE ALL ABOUT!

and Steve D missed Adla and I both crying over the patches. his thoughtfulness in makeing them for us all was so overwhelming it brought us to tears. thank you again so much for them.

Phil, i think i have your binoculars in a blue case. if they are yours let me know for sure and i will send them to you.[/img]
i have some more photos of the weekend:

[Image: bfsd.sized.jpg]

[Image: aloha.sized.jpg]

[Image: alohafalcon.sized.jpg]

[Image: sd.sized.jpg]

[Image: boiler_plate_photo.sized.jpg]

[Image: mesd.sized.jpg]

and i have more - I didn't get Darick's sails up - just a shot of his jib. Does anyone have a picture of his great sails?

we had a great time!!! I am going to build Steve's washing table and chow box before i do anything else! what a fabulous idea. As always it is great to get together and enjoy both the good company and the boats! I have some video of Steve singing and will try to get it figured out sooon....

a.
[/img]
Pages: 1 2 3 4