BYYB Forums

Full Version: DVD of the weekender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bill Martin

I only bought the plans and not the videos for a weekender many years ago. Stupid I know. Now that I am retired and have more quality time on my hands I want to start building the weekender. I have tried and tried to get in touch with The Stevenson’s Project by email about selling me the DVD of the weekender but my emails just get sent back. Is there any way of getting in touch with them please? I live in Scotland
The Stevensons are in the middle of a move and are revamping their website. Try again in a week or so and the problem could be solved. In the meantime look around the website and feel free to ask any questions you may have about the build or leave comments for other builders. Welcome to the BYYB, we hope you find it informative and a fun place to chat with other sailors like yourself.

Keith

Bill Martin

Thank you for the quick reply
Bill,

Up to now, they only have a vhs of the weekender, not a dvd. Last I heard, they were in the process of converting to dvd.
Yep. DVD is in the works.

I expect to get on that in October.

Mike
Quote:Yep. DVD is in the works.

I expect to get on that in October.

Mike

I already have the VHS, but am interested in DVD as well!

Please, please, please,please,please, PLEASE! Make an option to buy just the videos for us "fans" whom want the "New & Improved" version!

BTW: Will it include any specialty tips for the other boats? A quick show & tell of them might not be a bad idea...
Yep, we'll have a deal for previous customers to replace their tapes. We will probably add a bit of new footage for the Weekender, but the new DVD for the new 14' boat will address the smaller boats. We don't have any of our boats any longer, so we'll likely have to ask for volunteers to shoot footage if we want to add specific stuff about other boats. A video comparison of the Vacationer and Weekender would be handy to post on the site as a download for prospective builders. We don't have either boat any longer, unfortunately.

Mike
We have a messabout comming up in September in TN. You sould come by with your camera and take some video. I'll be there with my Vacationer along with Craig Gleason's. We're also expecting to see Richards Weekender and a couple of PC. If you can't make it maybe we can send you some footage.

Keith
Thanks for the kind offer. September is pretty much all booked up for me, but if you feel like shooting some video, that'd be great.

I don't know yet what we're going to be using and/or wanting, but if nothing else, perhaps I can start a Builder Video Page to add to the photo pages!

Mike