BYYB Forums

Full Version: hello again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, its been a long time since I posted. Things are really busy at home and at work. I'm still not done with the Vacationer and its been 4 years. Ouch! I am just about to the point of moving the boat out of the garage and on the trailer, just need new bunks on the traler and some varnish on the bright work.

I'm not going to know where to put my tools with the big boat shelf out of the garage. Big Grin

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and that I haven't given up yet....

Looks like everyone is doing good.

Kevin
Welcome back Kevin, glad to hear that SV Abundance is still in progress. I was thinking about you this weekend on the water. I've made some adjustments to my binnacle steering system, and gone through 3 rudder boxes in the process. I finally used the stock rudder box attachments as per the plans (much stronger), and the Morse steering cable is holding up well. I had to rebuild and reinforce the wood blocks that hold the rod end aligned with the tiller stub. The blocks let loose in a big blow (used screws instead of bolts), and I lost steerage. My 9.9 Merc pulled me out of that situation.

Again welcome back, get you boat wet real soon!!!! 8)

Greg