BYYB Forums

Full Version: Sailing again......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife and I went out yesterday afternoon for a sail on Fat-Cat. We got to the lake and found it to be completely packed with big powerboats and sea-doo's. Bummer!!

Anyway it was about 36 degrees (Around 97 for you guys in the south) and we needed to cool down, so down the boat launch we went. It was lined up pretty bad, but we managed to get in the water before it got to late. After setting up the boat we headed out for a nice sail accross the lake. The wind was light with some moderate gusts, but we managed to sail quite well in the light air. We sailed down the lake for awhile and then decided to head back towards the dock as the wind was basically blowing directly in the direction we needed to go, so whe had to tack back and forth several times to get back up the lake towards the boat launch. All in all the water was great, my wife and I had a nice sail together and nothing really went wrong (Except for the trampoline coming off one of the cross beams and losing a wingnut from one of the tillers, which we ended up just tying back together for a temporary fix)

The only real issue I had was with all the power boats ripping past us at 60 mph creating huge waves around us. The boat took on a lot of water and really became sluggish by the time we got back to the boat launch. On the other hand though, there were a few that would slow right down and pass at a respectable distance trying not to kick up to much water in our general direction.

Budd.......did you ever try to seal the hatches so they didn't take on so much water when sailing? I find pumping out the hulls every time we go sailing to be a pain in the a**.

I'm at the point now where I would almost rather seal them up completely, as they don't become particularily usefull when they are full of water.

Anyway, another sailing adventure, a bit more experience, and a lot more fun.

Cheers!!