BYYB Forums

Full Version: Paint over Graphite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After my graphite impregnated hull discolored after launching at Lake Hartwell I called Larry at Raka and told him about the problem. He told me that in the South graphite should be used only on the hull bottom and not on the sides. He said that graphite does not offer enough UV protection and the epoxy was most likely breaking down. So far I have applied two coats of primer and one coat of "off white". With rain starting to set in daily I don't know when I will get the last coat of white on with the humidity being so high.
After our last phone conversation, which brought up the UV issue with regard to graphite fillers, I wasn't positive, but was reasonably sure the epoxy would break down eventually, with direct exposure to the sun. Chemically it can't have direct exposure, even with a hard, UV helpful filler like graphite. I'm glad Larry was able to clear this up and I'll note it down in my mental book, of even more epoxy stuff to remember.
The rain has finally allowed me to finish painting the black lower part of the hull off white, the hot sun did not help any at all, the paint skined over too fast. Tomorrow I am going to try and rig a topping lift, rerig the lapper and fit the skeeter net.

The "Messabout board" has a link to a swim ladder at "DuckWorks" that is made from plywood and rope that I am going to try and build. http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/colu...index5.htm .

To top every thing off the "butcher" that just operated on me is not satisfied with the misery he caused. He now wants to start over and take out the prostate for more fun :? Confusedhock: . If it has to come out it want be him :wink: , I will find some one that know what they are doing.
Why do you think they call it "practicing medicine"? You are who he is practicing on, Confusedhock: hang in there.

BTW, it may be pay back for you giving those nurses such hell, you know "what goes around comes around". :lol: