BYYB Forums

Full Version: Sea Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sea Story: This ain't no $h!t. Well folks here we go. Last Sat. I desided to take my P/C Magnolia on a little sail at the lake. I got to the ramp and begin to set her up. Another old man came buy and helped me with the mast etc. With everything in place we put her in the water. I set out in about 8 to 10 knots of wind from the west straight up the lake. I motered out from the ramp, bungied the tiller to the boom and got the sails up cut the moter and I was off. Boy that bungie trick works great when you are single handed. Well I sailed a good distance up the lake, almost to hell's bar marina before turning around to head back. About half way back I noticed a big black cloud moving in from the west and I new it was going to catch me before I got back evev if I motered. I picked a little cove off to port for some protection until the littlethunder storm got over. WhenI entered the cove I noticed two Ospry working it. I watched as I sailed on in. Well I got about 20 feet from the bank in about 4 or 5 ft. of water and tossed my anchor out. The boat continued on a little until the anchor set and the mast brushed some limbs in a over hanging tree. Low and behold a big cotton mouth snake fell out wright in the cockpit of my boat. I knew it was a cotton mouth because it was to big for a copper head and it didn't have any rattlers. Being it was the dog days of summer I knew it couldn't see much and it was striking every which way. At this time I una$$ed the boat in about 5 ft. of water. When I looked up I saw a bug alligator about 7 or 8 feet roll of the bank into the water. I swam ran whatever to get out on the bank. I moved up the bank a little and sat down on a old indian mound to catch my breath. I sat down and noticed the two osprey still working the cove. So I watch them catch fish for a while. Well low and behold one of osprey swooped down and grabbed the snake and flew away I thought think you Mr. Osprey. I didn't know how I was going to get that snake out of my cockpit. Well I heard a noise behind me, I turned and there stood a big black bear standing on his hind feet looking at me. Needless to say I jumped up and ran for the boat, with the bear close behind. I made one bid splash in the water and was on the boat. I took my knife and cut the anchor line and shoved off. I am trying to start the moter and here comes the bear. He came wright on in the water and started swimming toward the boat. The moter wouldn't start.Just when I thought he was going to reach the boat something grabbed him, good old Mister alligator. About that time the motor started and away I wen't Enough for one afternoon I'm going home. I'm going back tomorrow and try to find my anchor, but I ain't going to wade around and try to find it with my feet. Now just remember a fairy tail starts Once upon a time. A sea story starts this ain't no $h!t. Smile Bud :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ARRRRGHH!

Now that is a sea story! Keep 'em coming Pop. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tristian Jones ain't got nuthing on you! I loved it!! Big Grin Big Grin
Smile Smile Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Sad :roll: :roll: :? :lol: :lol: :wink: :twisted:
That same thing happend to me, cept' there piranaha in the water when I jumped in.

Keith
Yea Keith there were some piranaha in that cove too but I wasen't going to mention that . I was afraid y'all would think I was joshing you. Bud. :wink: