BYYB Forums

Full Version: SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Darick_Anderson

No one has posted since the 10th, have we all fallin into a mid summer stuper or what? :x Ok, maybe just Bill :lol:

I had nimbus going so fast that you could have skied behind him. YIKES!!!! that was scary, but fun Big Grin Anything new going on with anyone?
My wife says to leave the cabin on Nimbus, she says it just woudn't look right. So thats a plus. Is anyone doing any sailing/building? Lets get some feedback going on.
i'll pipe in --

i graduate from UNLV in 4 weeks but only if i can pass this math class that i am in . . . and frankly since my gpa is what it is - just passing isn't going to make me happy --- i want a B or better. I took 20 credits this summer and so far it has been a screaming success....but I have 4 weeks to go and then it will be all boating all the time for at least a month starting with the gig at Navajo and then on up to Walker Lake and perhaps a sail with Roland and his wife if I can talk them into it at Lahontan reservior.

i haven't repaired my keel yet - need to wait until the weekend...but i am confident that it will be ready to take out maybe by next weekend and test at lake mead some more.... Tongue

i can't wait to finish the interior of my cabin - i have plans to mount this great ceiling fan that "wrong way Bill" gave me...(btw - i ordered new hinges for my cooler from igloo online :o ) .....

Also - i got another life jacket for Boo...it doesn't have the spandex wrap around the chest - so she will stay cooler ...now my baby has a winter and summer life jacket.

Steve - sorry - i haven't been to the post office yet (but soon) i will get your tongs in the mail soon - i also have the pictures in real picture format from Yuba - I have been looking at the kitchen plans you sent me --- i would like to get something together before Navajo but it will depend on my math class.

ok - hope more people are sailing instead of finding the slope intercepts of imaginary lines......

a.

Darick_Anderson

Math is ICKY!!! I,m going to try to get out on the lake this afternoon. praise be to the wind gods. :roll: everyone have a good weekend.
I'm sure glad someone got us going again. I was beginning to think I had offended someone. Whew. Hang in there Adla, you'll be through in no time. Don't worry about the tongs, anytime is fine. Ceiling fan in a boat??? Darick, sounds like Nimbus is getting a few miles under her keel. That's great. I finally got a boat cover today so this weekend I'm going to do some touchup paint on the Falcon and fit the new cover on. We've been inundated with grandchildren the past couple of weeks so nothing has been done boatwise. I did get the trailer tire replaced. It costs too much to replace the axle so I'll just live with what I've got. Hey, Navajo is coming.
the stripper saw some love today as well. i can now legaly sail on tempe town lade, i got a battery box, the numbers for her hull, and a water cannon/bulge pump. i am thinking about getting a little electric motor for her and a little gel battery as opposed to the large regular size. i realize that the run time may not be as much but the size and weight savings should be worth it. the only time i plan on using the electric jib is to get away from the dock.

i also need to the a 12" spare for the trailer. all this before Navajo?

Steven Hunt

Sorry guys, I've been working lost of OT this month. Bill I got your message, I'll call you tonight...
Sorry, I injured my back again. Hope to have either good drugs or good therapy by Navajo Lake....

Darick_Anderson

Brit~nothing major I hope Sad take it easy for awhile and get better.
Well my wife and I have decided to build a 24ft pontoon with an 8ft deck to solve the space problem. I found plans at Glen-L for the Huck Fin series. plywood pontoons and a plywood deck then you design the furniture layout yourself. she loves to fish, so I think this will cure everything. We got william's pee-row/one sheet canoe fiberglassed. We are using fun noodles for rubb rails. I have hand carved a double paddle for him from a twisted set of laminated 1x6's. He will have a blast in this thing. I'm geeting excited about Navajo. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Dang Brit, hope you'll be alright. Back problems are a pain in the neck, or is it back? Get better, take some Aleve or something your doctor recommends. See you at Navajo.
Sounds like you have some fun building ahead of you!....i am excited about navajo too....my math class just introduced imaginary numbers.....(is it me or are mathmaticians all lunatics) i can not WAIT for this to be over....nothing I do from here on will require that i determine whether a function is odd or even -- one can buy a calculator for ALL of these activities...but some crazy people like to do the figures the old fashioned way with archaic instruments(pencils)......blECK.....

i can't wait for Navajo either!!!!!

a.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5