BYYB Forums

Full Version: Plum Crazy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In a couple of different posts I have talked about my newest boating creation, a 12' cartoppable dory. I am extra proud of this boat because I designed it and it actually works! Confusedhock: Now, it isn't my first design...there was this one sheet kayak skinny kayak that was kin to a barrel in stability (basically a failure) :oops: . Of course, some of you who know me and my tendancy to not follow plans might argue that anything I build is my own design Big Grin .

Anyway, the particulars are that it is 12'3" long with a beam a tad under 36". It has storage/floatation chambers at the stern and the bow, uses a push/pull tiller (allows you to face forward), has an innovative mast step, and uses oars for propulsion. I basically wanted a one-person skiff light enough to cartop, easily rowed (to explore backwaters), and able to be sailed. When I finished I had though there was too much rocker but I found it is just right especially for sailing in waves. I bet this is true for river-use as well. If anyone is interested in the plans at no charge, let me know. If there is a demand I can draw them up.

Forgot to mention, I actually have 8' of unobstructed floorspace and I have actually come up with a very easy to use tent arrangement. I wouldn't sleep in it at anchor but it would provide a dry floor when beached.

[Image: rowing.jpg]
[Image: rowing2.jpg]
[Image: sailing.jpg]

James Sanders

Hi Scott,

What a nice boat!
In the third photo, is that the boat under sail?
Look good!
That is the boat under sail. I need to get some closer picts but am always having too much fun to stop!
Hey Scott, I will send you the high res. copies of those photos if you cut me in on the proceeds from the sales on those free plans. Big Grin

Jim
Congratulations! A very nice job. I look forward to seeing more of this little boat.

Mike
Very nice project. One worthy of showing the pride of ownership and enjoyment for years to come. 8)
Jim, how about 25% of the profits from the sale of the free plans? I would love higher res photos! Big Grin
Scott if that is as fast as the blue one, keep it away from me! :lol:
I don't know if it is as fast...wanna help me test it out :twisted:
OK come on down...
Pages: 1 2