BYYB Forums

Full Version: All hands on deck, we need you to help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After talking with Jim Sanders today while looking at his craft the conversation turned to the Gaff-Rig and the status of it.

Here is the long and short of it, for any magazine to be successful it must have content, both written and pictures... neither of which he has, therefore the lack of a current edition. So here is what I propose (at least for the next edition, if there is indeed going to be one):

We would both like the edition to focus on the sailstice which a lot of us attended on one side of the coast or another; for this to happen what we would like is for each person who attended a sailstice event to write a short article about your experience. This does not need to be long, maybe 700 words or so, more or less. Don’t worry about your grammar, spelling, or anything like that, just get the main ideas out there as best you can, that is after all what we have an editor for.

Please forward your articles along with pictures to editor@byyb.org the sooner he gets enough articles, the sooner we will have a new edition of the Gaff-Rig.

This is your club and your magazine, contribute and enjoy.

Thank you;
Bill

James Sanders

Bill,

A couple of folks did sent some articles my way, and I sure appreciate it!
Anyone else? We are desperate. By that I mean, we could write an article and then, publish it with your name on it. I can just make up stories, you know. Cowboys are good at yarns and exaggerations. The bantering is all a part of being from West Texas.

Steven Hunt

Jim, you can count me in as one of your "cub reporters".