BYYB Forums

Full Version: Weekend is lookin' Fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally we have a good looking weekend and I have nothing else to do.

Just a little fine tuning and a whole weekend of fun. Big Grin

Note the Mast for my Weekender lying on the trailer as well.

{Image is clickable}
<a href="http://byyb.org/cpg143/albums/userpics/10041/DSCF2549.JPG" target="_blank">[Image: normal_DSCF2549.JPG]</a>
Shawn Has the ice already melted up there? Have a big weekend and don't let mini wet you to mini times. Bud. :wink:
I'm not to worried about the wet ride. It has been in the high 20's - Low 30's (about 85+ in Fahrenheit) for the past couple of weeks, so the water should be just fine.

Smile
Wow, the weather really took a turn for the worse.

I thought we were going to have a tornado yesterday. The wind was so strong the trees in my yard where nearly lying flat on the ground and they have at least 2" trunk. (Small trees but strong)

Anyway, I decided to work on my trailer instead. My wife is out of town this weekend so I stripped the trailer down, as the plywood deck was a real hazard to stand on. Once I had the deck off I decided I might as well strip it down completely and re-paint it. Well, that wasn't nearly good enough. I need to get the trailer sandblasted and then I can re-paint it. Hmmmmm........Maybe I should re-wire it too, I thought. You know, a new crank up trailer leg with a fancy wheel might be nice too. On and on with the trailer project. Needless to say if I have it donw by Thursday I will be happy, as the following weekend is looking good for weather.

But wait that was not all I did today. It's been 4 years since I built my Mini-Cat and I thought, while the boats just sitting there why not sand down the rough spots and re-paint her. She would like to look good at the lake. Well I started sanding, and next thing I new I had sanded an entire hull. Well......I thought, I had better paint that hull now.

So it looks like it will be a weekend of work, work, work. But the weekend after will hopefully be nothing but fun, fun, fun.

:lol:
Well the weekend was a successful one, even though it involved no sailing of any kind.

I managed to get the trailer hauled off to be sandblasted and can pick it up tonight. I also managed to get the boat re-painted. It was a fruitfull weekend.

Now when I hit the lake next weekend the boat will be sporting a nice new fresh look. I have improved her looks from a 20ft finish down to a 3-5 foot finish. :lol:

She is looking bright and clean and ready for water.

Oh, and on a side note, I finally found a trailer for my Weekender. Brand new for $900.00. Can't really beat that price for a new trailer, so I will pick it up maybe next month and then bring the boat into town this fall for a refit and re-paint. Hopefully I can have her ready for next summer.