BYYB Forums

Full Version: Quick motor advice for Sportfoil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rolandblais

So, I may be taking the plunge (no pun intended) and build the Sportfoil with my son.

I need an outboard... I found one on ebay, the price is right, the location's right, but the horsepower is 20, rather than the spec'd 15.

Any issues with going 5hp higher?

Quick responses here are fine, the auction expires in about 4 hours...

Thanks,
Roland

Brian R Walters

I couldn't imagine it would be much of an issue, Roland, because the hp difference is so small. It's not likely to be a significant difference in weight. The advantage is that you won't need full throttle, which would increase reliability. I think most two-stroke owners would agree that low RPMs make a mess of two-strokes after a while, they like to breathe. Again, the difference is small enough that it shouldn't matter much. Besides, with an older 20hp off ebay, it's probably 15 anyway - bid on !! :lol: :lol:
Just my .02

rolandblais

Well, I was outbid, oh well. But thanks anyway, and maybe I'll have better luck next time.

Peace,
Roland

Brian R Walters

That's too bad. The perils of ebay !! I was just outbid at 21 seconds on a first
edition of Robinson Crusoe. Aaaarrrgh ! Keep looking, you'll find your motor again.
For future reference, I'd not go any higher than 20 HP. It'd be better to stick with a ten or 15 HP.

Mike