BYYB Forums

Full Version: Something to think about
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Darick_Anderson

Ok guys.
The pressure is off and everyone made it. Big Grin I'm looking forward to the next one...I would love to try to put something together in the fall.
I'm going back to Yuba in August myself, but would like at least one more time together this year anywhere. Are ya getin my Drift???? :twisted:

Think about it and stay in touch. :wink:
I'm all for it Darick. Pick a spot and keep us informed. I personally want to sail Navajo Lake this year and maybe Lake Mead. It was fun wasn't it?
I'm looking forward to Navajo Lake, hopefully in August. Since the pressure's off now, I think it would be a blast.
Sounds like it is Navajo in August - i am done with school on August 11th maybe we could do something after that...i may spend the rest of the month traipsing around Utah -- my brother spends the whole month and part of Septemeber every year on Boulder Mountain shooting things and such so i may join his campsite and recharge and sail surrounding areas.

If we can nail something down in advance perhaps we can have closer accommodations than this last trip --- it really felt WAY Too short!

a.
How about the 18th and 19th. I'll see if they have a group camp site. I think that would be best for us. I'll let you know the particulars as soon as I can. I have to go on vacation for a week (dang) so it may be awhile before I have any information. I just called the Forest Service and they say they don't take reservations for Navajo Lake, it's strictly first come, first served. There is no group campsite. They do however have private cabins you can rent and make reservations for. The number to do that is (702) 646-4197. It will cost $7.00 to launch your boat on top of the regular camp site fee, I'm not sure what that is but it's not much.

Randy-Bick

yuba is a great place to sail and camp, second week in aug, if you want to drive alittle farther there is always Pinedale regatta. you could bring your weekenders and start a new class. I know it along way to drive but it will be a blast Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Pinedale wyoming that is. fremont lake.

Darick_Anderson

I'm planning to be at Yuba on the 18th of August. I have not made reservations yet, so I can change my plans. My wife already has that friday off, so that is a good weekend(need to talk to her first) She liked Yuba and suggested we return in august. Maybe I can sway her to go somewhere else. :wink:

Bill~you drove pretty far last time, maybe we can get closer for ya. do you have any ideas? Big Grin

lets talk it up and kick it around, and get it hammered down by the end of the month.

Thanks guys!
the middle of august could not be any worse for me actually. school is just starting up for me and i will have to setup the computer lab and all the classroom workstations.

what i am thinking is maybe have a mess-about in the overton arm area in late september or early october when the temperatures have dropped.

Adla is going to go there and check out the area at some point.
it is supposed to be 118 saturday --- heck that is only 3 degrees hotter than today....it is inspiration enough to hit a higher elevation and the water...not this weekend but maybe next i will look into overton for a sept/october sail... count me in for Utah in august -- - just tell me where and when

a.

Darick_Anderson

Brit~If you think about it, could you send the info on the white polytarp.
I want to get it ordered this payday. Let me know where I can save some bucks, based on your experience. Big Grin

Sept/Oct for a messabout is ok with me. In the meantime, Sounds like Adla is ready for one in August, and I'am too. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Yuba is smack in the middle of the state but once again Adla will have a long trip :roll: I'm open for something down south, but I'm not sure what there is. Steve, what is your ideas on this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4