BYYB Forums

Full Version: mast material
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Randy-Bick

Hello everyone. Have you ever wanted to build a mini cup, or a 3 in 1, maybe even a winged dinghy? then while figuring out how much the mast material is going to cost changed your mind? I have a box of really nice windsurfing mast sections, they are new. made of fiberglass and break down into about 3' or so sections. they are perfect for the mini cup and other boats. I am building a mini cup, this stuff looks great and its plenty stiff. every bit as lighte as alum. The company who make this stuff is looking to get ir out of their wharehouse asap. I'll have some photos tomorrow, email me www.utahsailing@yahoo.com if you ever wanted a good deal this is it, and when its gone its gone. I'm not looking to make money on this, I just want to see more boats on the water, and I remember my search for mast material and the sticker shock when they told me how much they wanted for alum.
It would be a shame to see this stuff go to waste. Randy Smile Smile Smile Smile
Let me add, I have some of this mast material, and it is awesome stuff. I am going to use it for my daughter's mini-cup, and possibly for another project down the road. It is carbon fiber, very light, and quite stiff. I connected five lengths (39" each) together, and noticed extremely minimal bend. I bought it from the same source as Randy, but for a little more money at a swap meet.