BYYB Forums

Full Version: I am renaming our garage....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to a boatshed despite my SOBB (spouse of boat builder) wanting to use it to park cars in :roll: . The boat on the left is being readied for the summer sailstic at Lake Hartwell. It is a 12' V bottomed catboat named Little Gem. As always, I want to do a little bit of tweeking. Besides, I discovered one of the pulleys on the boat hoist was crushed. Guess they are serious about "maximum weight!" :oops:

The other boat is a 12' 2 sheet dory of my own design optimized for rowing and sailing. Quite a transition in feel from the beamier catboat and I have yet to get comfortable to her under sail. I am in the process of adding foward and aft floatation/storage compartments and am so far pleased with the results! I am waiting for the epoxy to cure before painting. Also thinking about adding some spray deflectors to the forward deck though I like the lines as they are now! Even with the added wood (taking her over 2 sheets) I can still easily lift this boat by myself. I plan on cartopping her to Ohio the week after sailstice.

[Image: boatshed.JPG]
[Image: dory.JPG]
I have a 26' by 20' tool shed, the one that must be obeyed insists would be a great place to park the cars in. I of course have resisted, but did relent a touch when I stopped renting the warehouse on the coast and built a pole barn. I cleared out all the boats and most of the tools, but it still contains many odds and ends that shouldn't go out in the pole barn which is now too small. I've never understood this requirement of parking the cars inside the tool shed, of which she uses the weird, likely French name "garage".

Clearly Scott, you have much room to utilize before the need for a new boat shed is necessary. I see much unused wall space and there could be at least two boats hanging from those rafters.
Garage... what does that word mean anyway! I have big plans for built-in storage but building boats is more interesting Tongue . Still, I guess I will start to work on built-in...after I build one small tender :lol: . In the picture you can see the hardtop for my convertible hanging from the ceiling (no rafters) and the left side is where I had the blue boat hung with the undersized pulley system. Unfortunately, the HOA won't let me store or build boats outside (or build additional structure on the property) which means boatshed space has to be taken up for that. Cry