BYYB Forums

Full Version: Yuba is coming!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I thought it was time to start a new thread. Everyone is making such great progress. Darick, I love the hatch door. Brit, that trailer really came together nice. Bill, I think you are going to be ready, looking real good. Adla, I made a sail cover, not quite as standoutish as yours but hey. Big Grin I think hot dogs and chips would be great for lunch. I was thinking about dinner Saturday night. How about if everyone brought a steak to throw on the barbe then maybe we could have a sort of pot luck with corn on the cob, potato salad, rolls and such. Meet at one camp and have dinner together then maybe Brit could pull out his guitar and we can have a little campfire program. I could even do some cowboy poetry. We need to get a count of who's going to be there. Can't wait.
You are right Steve - the other thread was just silly. I plan on bringing my gas stove and a regular size barbecue. I don't know what the facilities are like at yuba but I can throw a barbecue on the rack of my truck and then we don't need to worry. I planned on bringing hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch on saturday - if anyone wants anything else just let me know but it is time to get a head count so I bring enough soda chips and food. As for dinner, that sounds ok with me Steve...perhaps we will have left over potato salad from lunch (i am bringing that too). Bill and I are leaving as soon as I get out of school on friday. We should be there by 6 or so. I just can't wait! Morgaine has been sitting in pieces for way too long when it is sunny, warm, and breezy!!!

Everyone let me know how many people will be in your party.

a.
there will just be me in my party... unless you count all the voices in my head Smile
I'll just have me it looks like. Everyone else is busy. I'll be leaving work at 4:00 then I'll be on my way so around 6:00 is about right. I'll bring some corn if I can get a count. I'll throw in a bag of charcoal briquets I have hanging around and some firewood. Bill, don't listen to the voices.
I'll have three people. Let me know what to bring fer the pot lucks.

Darick_Anderson

Thanks Adla, Jill really has a big head now :lol: I'm thankful to you for posting them!!!!!
What's the best way strip and paint your hull on the trailer Confusedhock: Confusedhock: and get it done in one week?
I'm starting on it tomorrow, any suggestions?

what do we need for the potluck? let me know and I will bring it.
I should be there on friday night, A26 is our spot.

Brit, the motor works really well, we ran it for about 3 hours and let I guy use the batery to jump his truck. Tongue It pushed the boat just fine.

Thanks again Adla!!!!
But the other thread was setting records....longest thread, most views, most interesting posters....

Got the mast fixed and repainted. Worked until 9:30pm (at work, not on the boat), so I didn't get mister sheriff over. Put that on high priority for tomorrow.

How 'bout lime green jello with cheese?
Listen - just bring whatever ya want to the potluck ---- :lol: no more loaded questions. We KNoW the event is in UTAh...all necessary emotional preparations have been made. I would expect nothing less than green jello with cheese and hopefully someone has the wherewithall to bring that dried onion green bean deal....yum

i lOok foRwARd to the WeEKend because it is mid-terms this week. and anything is better than that. Oh but wait - and the part about launching brits boat, Seeing StEve dOWns and Randy and Darick again...and of course the ALoha! (AND PHIL --- edited to include PHIL -- it isn't just about the Aloha yA kNOW)

a.
So far I'm counting 11 folks. Am I close? That's right Adla, Utah is in the middle of the Jello Belt which extends from northern Arizona through Utah and up into Idaho a ways. Someone needs to bring rolls (bring a couple of whole wheat ones so I can have one), maybe even a green salad and dressing. I'l bring corn and butter. I'll also be bringing my outdoor kitchen so we'll have a place to prepare and clean up. I'm getting excited, and that doesn't happen very often any more. Big Grin
well i can bring salad and salad dressing...i will leave the jello to the experts. i knew it was a phenomenon associated with utah and idaho but i had no idea it was so systemic
Quote:That's right Adla, Utah is in the middle of the Jello Belt which extends from northern Arizona through Utah and up into Idaho a ways
11 people so far....i will count on more because Randy and Darick may be bringing family, eh?

a.
Pages: 1 2 3