BYYB Forums

Full Version: Question on mounting TrailBoards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The directions I believe said to mount something like 5 or so inches below the deck which it looks like the fore part of it is mounted at the stem with half of it extended above the stem along the bowsprit? Anyway...how the heck do you bolt these things in?

If you bolt the aft part so that it is somewhat flush with the hull side, then the fore side is not even close to installing flush....too much twist. Do you mount them so the aft and fore have some gap along the bottom sides??? Kinda clueless here. Any information on this part would be great.

I have my cabin almost done and seats almost done. Boy do I love the look of this boat. Very exciting.
The boards your refering to are trailboards. I haven't put mine on yet due to design block, I can't decide what to carve onto them. I have cut them and held them up to the hull and like you they don't fit very well. What I plan on doing is to mount the aft part to the hull on the top and bottom of the board then mount the forward part to the stem or bowsprit wherever it touches it. The reason I plan to do it this way is because you have a lot more to mount it to up front and can get a stronger fastener in it there. You might want to sand the back of the board to match the angle where you mount it.
Good luck and post pictures of you boards so I can copy them

Keith
If you cut a backer block to fit a the trailing edge and another at the leading edge and fair them into the stem and hull the trailboards will mount with a very strong backing and really become a solid portion of the bow. Both of these backer blocks are concealed by the trailboards when mounted and no one but you will know any differently.

Takes a little fitting and cutting and sanding with a belt sander but just trial and working it a little at a time can make a nice smooth mount for them.