BYYB Forums

Full Version: 3D At Last
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was hoping to be past this stage last month - but at last I have the Weekender assembled into a 3D form. It was an interesting challenge figuring out a way to single handed put the deck on - fortunately I had lots of rope and a garage with open rafters. I hoisted the deck up, slid the bottom of the boat under and then lowered the deck on.

[Image: 3d.gif]
[Image: 3d_2.gif]

rolandblais

Way to go!

I pretty much singlehandedly built mine, so I'd be more than happy to share all my errors, er techniques, for building solo.... :wink:

Peace,
Roland
Looks awesome. Now, consider putting the bits and the mastbox on the bow BEFORE you put the hull sides on :oops: Tongue
Thats fantastic Andrew it must feel really good when that pile of lumber starts to acctually look like a boat. I am almost to that point with my vacationer (if i would only quit making little mistakes). but great job its looking good.

Brian
Looking good! It's a big day when you go 3-D. I have a question for you, how long did you spend looking at it once you got it to that point, and how many miles did your imagination put under her hull? It's nice to see another boat progressing like yours. I noticed the angle of the rear bulkhead seems kinda steep. I'm used to seeing the Vacationer and it's not nearly at that angle. The Weekender might be much steeper per the plan but you might want to take a look just in case

Keith
It's been pretty bad getting to this point. I had the boat pretty much to this point back in early May but without glue as I had to get it out of my basement. That's ignoring the fiberglassing work etc that I've done.

My strongest urge was actually to lay back in where the cabin would be.

BTW - the bulkhead is hopefully at the correct angle - it closely matches the plans as I've read them. More importantly, the front bulkhead angle should be correct - I made a cardboard template with the correct angle to ensure that it was right.

I'm trying to figure out the next few steps - I'm figuring that I'll be putting down the seat stringers on the hull so I can fiberglass the inside of the hull while everything is accessible. Before the sides go on, I'm planning on the mast box, bitts, coaming and steering. I just hope I can get it all closed in before winter comes around again.
nice work Andrew. She's looking good.
Ah yes, it takes me back. It is a great feeling and you can start to see it come together in your mind. Congratulations.
Oh oh...I see something wrong.... You are not standing near or in your boat with a BEER! Other than that...all looks good. I also built (or am building) my Weekender single handedly... let me know if I can help with some advice in that direction..

James Sanders

Ahoy Andrew,

Congratulations! You're onyour way! What a great day!
Or, more to the point in words taken from the Jabberwocky

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Pages: 1 2