BYYB Forums

Full Version: Many more BEER Photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a look at these:

http://www.pbase.com/sloopsailor/beer_2006

Jeff kindly allowed the use of these photos for you all to see. Who want to go with me next year? 8)
Looks like you all had a great time, wish I had been there for it. Next year maybe we can get more of the SE fleet on the water for it. I'll try to make it.

Keith
I plan on going!

James Sanders

Ahoy,

What great photos!

Craig, is that realy you? The boat looks great!
Ya Jim, he shot my good side.

James Sanders

Ahoy Craig,

Looks like you folks had quite a time with boats in all sizes and shapes. with photos offer a corresponding wide variety as well, offering the usual sailing venue but also offering expressions of amazement, and even one where everyone is mooned.

Around 20 boats— is that correct?

Miss Pat wondered why anyone would want to dock in a place called Mosquito Cove. Just hope the cove did not live up to its name.
We started on Friday morning with 53 of 70 some preregistered boats Jim. Folks dropped off along the way as their schedules permitted. What you see in the mosquitoless cove are only those of os who could say until the end. The anchorage at Quietwater (PCola Beach) as you recall is quite exposed to the N and W. The wind piped up to 25-30 kts from the N and NW over night. That made for difficult sleeping and constant checking of anchors, not to mentyion moving the boats to try to stay nosed into the wind. My boat beat like a drumb in all of this. No one got any sleep. Morning looked about the same and I think many of the locals packed it in. Some left before day light. By 10:30 it was clear and a million and a steady wind blew out of the NNE at about 10kts. That was the best sailing of the trip! We did not encounter any bug anywhere along the cruise. It is a bit soon for them to be bad anyway.
i really wish i could have gone --- it would be a long haul but maybe next year.....for now, i can't wait for next weekend! Sara Lee looks great!

a.
Thanks Adla. Think about next year it would be fun!
i think so --- i have watched the BEER cruise for a couple of years and it looks like a lot of fun people....i am taking a year off after i finish in 9 weeks and it would be a nice thing to add to a list of things to do.

a.