BYYB Forums

Full Version: floored!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok heres the thing, i was cutting my floor boards yesterday, all was going smoothly, i was cutting slowly following my line close when my blade hit a scrap piece i had undernieth and slipped off the line a little. :x i went to the inside of the line. I dont know how to post pic's here but i did manage to get one in the photo section of byyb home page, any way i have a bit of a divet in my curve and was wondering if it is easily repaired it isnt as bad as it looks in the pic but close.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Brian
As you place the stringers on, make sure they follow the proper curve. Then fill the "bad" space in the plywood with thickened epoxy. Everything will work out fine.
Wood butcher's friend (epoxy) will cure most of these little problems.
Thanks for the help guys thats what i was hoping it would be but i just wasnt sure.So i take it thickened epoxy is going to be a commonly much needed commodity.
Hey Brit how do you post all of your pic's on here?
by the way unbelieveably awsome job on your weekender.
Thanx.
Brian
Good job getting the bottom cut Brian. Don't worry too much about little mistakes, we all have em. If you want to post a pic on the forums you can place it as you did in the photo album then right click on the picture. You will see a list of things in a window onw will be properties. Click on the properties link and another window will open. You can then highlight and copy the address of you picture. Once you do that you may paste it here. Before you paste it click the box above that says Img then paste your photo address and click the Img box again. You can check to see if it took by doing a preview.

Give it a try

Keith
Quote:If you want to post a pic on the forums you can place it as you did in the photo album then right click on the picture. You will see a list of things in a window onw will be properties. Click on the properties link and another window will open. You can then highlight and copy the address of you picture. Once you do that you may paste it here. Before you paste it click the box above that says Img then paste your photo address and click the Img box again. You can check to see if it took by doing a preview.

Good directions. You can also right-click on the smaller, "thumbnail" photo, and get a smaller, more "forum friendly" size picture for posting. Tongue

[Image: normal_cutfloor.jpg]

And, you should "strip" the deck of that vacationer.
Oh with out a doubt i think i definately will be striping my decks and cabin roof youve definately inspired that i aquired a table saw and plan to cut my own strips. Are cedar boards expensive i havent really looked into it yet (still hacking away at the beginning) but just quit smoking to buy more wood and supplies.
Well there went my attemt at adding a pic :lol: i tried to download a pic off my puter to the my gallery site and it said that i dont have enough space so i deleted the other one by mistake .
Western Red Cedar is very inexpensive here, but it varies by area. It's still cheap compared to other woods. Redwood is another good, easy option, although a little more expensive. It can be done with almost any wood, but some are easier than others. I have a kayak I am making out of knotty alder and douglas fir strips. It would rate as more difficult Tongue Tongue

Good luck on the quittin' smokin' thing.
[Image: thumb_keel6.JPG]
Pages: 1 2