BYYB Forums

Full Version: Fat Chance got wet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yahoo, Fat Chance is down in South Creek swinging on her hook. Karl came up in s/v My World yesterday to meet us. It took much longer than I had expected because I had to raise the mast half a dozen times to get everything set up and untangled and then I realized I had two jibs with me but no mainsail so I had to go back to the house for the third time..... geez, talk about frustration! We sailed/paddled up to a cookout and two folks came out on their docks and took photos of her as she made her way up the creek. Made me a proud skipper. Smile

The ol SeaGull fired right up on the way back up the creek.... not before I dropped it down on the rudder and took some meat off the top of the rudder. :wink: Epoxy and paint make a boat builder what they ain't.

Feels good to have her together again and in the water. Tongue She is better than when she was new as she got several little improvements and their are still more to come. Guess she will never be "finished".
Good for you Angie, glad you got her back in the water. I spent all weekend on the boat sailing around Lake Alatoona. I found out that calm winds and big fast BIG power boats make her bob like a cork on a fishing line. Scott was watching me from his boat as I hit a particularly large wake. He said the whole bow came out of the water like a submarine surfacing. Sure was nice to be out there.

Keith
Way to go Angie!

I've been a bit busy, myself, working hard on my boats. So much so that I haven't even checked the board foer a few days.

The Islander 23 has been getting her hull sanded, you got me going talking about Interlux :lol: I also shang highed me a worker, traded hours for an expensive altinator. :twisted: Lars even knows what he's doing, Harde Har! We'll be raising the rigging soon, I hope.

Plus the regular to do list on the Aurorawolf. I'm sure glad I took the summer off. :roll:

Fairwinds, Angie.
OOPS, still figureing this out..... hey, watch this. Confusedhock: :lol:

Hey Pop, check your email. Tongue
Bella sara Dragon. I am in Italy, drinking and eating my way across the country while I take in all of the splendors. Tomorrow, I am taking a train to the coast to Elba, I hope to charter a boat for the day. Just something small and cheap.

Glad to hear you are going strong on the Islander. It is going to be a fun boat. I am anxious to see some photos when you get a chance to show her off.

Chow.
Chow?

:wink:

Lets see I had a barbacue chicken sandwich for lunch and a.....

Enjoy, and keep clicking that camera.