BYYB Forums

Full Version: Mast Repair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, after sanding the poxy seal coat I decided there were some little dents I just couldn't live with (German kids, sheese), so, they had to be filled before the first of the varnish went on. Tonight is the night for that. I took the extra time last night and fixed the mast head lights that haven't worked in two years. (Didn't have the environmental impact study on light pollution back yet) (Ya right!) So any way a coat tonight, possibly 2 on Friday and back in the water Saturday if all goes well. The final coats can be done with the mast reinstalled. The sprit is short 5 coats right now and needs a krantz iron of some sort. Bud and Gene scared me off from Port Townsend Foundry, so it is back to my local blacksmith and his powder coater. I will go for one of those neat stars though... 8)

I almost forgot Mike, sorry. New photo tonight.
the pictures don't work for me Cry

the only happiness i have during summer school is lOoking at pictures of pEople's boAts..... Cry Cry Cry

a.
Did you get the photos to work? The are big so slow to load.
Can't get them to load for me either Craig. Sad
Thanks Barry. I will look into it. They work here from work OK. I haven't had much luck with photos since Netscape ruined thier browser with V8. What a pice of junk. Looks nice though,but, all heading and no airspeed! 8)
what i discovered was ---- that they didn't work when i used anything but internet explorer (not my first choice for browsing but i am forced to use it for my university work) quite accidently i went browsing the byyb site during my study time *whOops* :oops: and the pictures worked - anyway it helps to break up study with boat pics -

they weren't too large or slow to load for me - they just don't work in Mozilla

a.
Thanks Adla. The file was created with word and converted to HTML with IE. I hate IE but Netscape is now junk so what are ya gonna do. Barry try IE and let me know. Thanks. Our new firewall and security procedures for unclassified networks will not let me post to the TS board anymore! I can't find a way around this. Franks board and this one are OK so far. Maybe I shouldn't say anything.... 8)
Looks good to me, Thanks for the update Craig.

I was a bit slow getting on the net the past couple of days. I'm still going over the aurora wolf. Little things I needed to fix. :roll:

I still haven't put the battery back in her, so who knows about the electrical system Confusedhock:

I love my new sprit, worked great; but, I haven't even put a coat of anything on it. :oops: The side stay I added of the sprit, were a plus, I managed to stand on them and hang on to them while rigging and setting sail last week. Thinking of adding another set, going back to the foreward back stay. That picture of Keith in a hammock got me to thinking of slinging some net between the stays. Lord help the next jetskier that gets close. :lol:

The deck needs a sanding and a coat of paint too. Plus, I found a new leak up forward along the cabin edge. Why can't she be as water tight above, as she is below the waterline? :roll:

Although, my friend Lars owes me twelve hours of work time on the Twin-keeler, Har Har Har! Life does get better. :wink:

And my oar project, well at least they look like oars now. A bit heavy for packing around; however, mounted stationary they balance out. I'll be giving them a try soon with the river boat.

Maybe, I'll even take a picture of them. I started out with a lot more wood than I needed, I filled a 30 gal. trash can with shavings :roll: Then speaking of varnish, oh man, I still got to do that to the oars and the sprit. The Mast could use another coat, too.

But I don't think I'll break these new oars, nope. My aggressive rowing of the Vacationer, tends to be a bit hard on the store bought 8 ft ones that I normally use. I've broke two in the past. Plus they're not long enough.

Lifes Good! Big Grin