BYYB Forums

Full Version: Main Sail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My main sail is up but not laced. I am going to have to change the rake on the mast or get myself a football helmet. :lol:

[Image: normal_Main_003.JPG]
We kinda knew that would happen especially since we cut it for the planned change to your mast rake. That cumberland in the leech will work for the sailstice. Otherwise, it is looking really good!
Ed I think I would put a down haul on the jub if I were you just in case it hand up you will have something to pull in the cockpit. just a thought. Bud.
That is looking so fine Ed. YOu might try reefing the fore stay a bit tighter to pull some of the rake out for the time being. You can get a few inches at the top and it make sa workd of diffrence. She sure looks swell.
"Fair Wind" needs some cosmetic work, 1 quick link, 6 belaying pins, 3 jam cleats and someone to tell me how to run my jib sheets. Big Grin When I put the gromets in the leech I made a mistake and had to do it all over again [I had put them in the luff by error]. :oops: :oops:
Ed, she doesn't look like the mast is "all the way home" in the tabernacle. The photo looks to have a slight kink above the deck, but below the boom. Can the mast be hauled more upright?
Paul the mast is as far upright as it will go. What happened is the man that welded it did not notice the 85* angle and welded it at 90*. I am going to live with it until I get time to take it apart and rework it to 85*. The members of my fleet have told me that if I don't get it in the water soon I will be hanging from the nearest yardarm. :wink:
Ed Run that Jib sheet up that cable on frount, the one that is pulling up the mast. don't tell anyone you made a mistake on the jub, tell them you fixed it that way so you could also use it for a anchor sail to keep the boat from swinging while anchored,or you put them in for extra weight so you wouldn't need a down hall. Anything except I made a mistake Bud. :wink: