BYYB Forums

Full Version: Dream state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Sam Morency

A Vacationer is in the works for me. All kinds of preparations are in order at my place before the start up of construction. A dream for over thirty-five years is soon to be turning into reality. Looking forward to making good use out of the forums.
Welcome Aboard Sam,
This site is a great place to be if your building one of these boats.
I know how you feel ive just begun building my vacationer turning my dream into a reality, And these good folks here have helped me out alot
So if you have a question ask away,
Brian

P.S. get lots of wood clamps very handy things.

Sam Morency

Brien,
Appreciate your friendlyness. I checked out your site and signed in. I believe you are in the trades? Same here. Isn't building satisfying?
I hope I will enjoy sailing as much as I know I will building it.
Sam
PS see you on the other forum
Welcome aboard Sam. I think you will find the BYYB friendly and helpful with your boat. You also have a member there in your area I am sure will be willing to help any way he can,his name is Craig Gleson. Post on down in the builders board or the southeast fleet and I am sure he will contact you. A lot of the members don't check the test form on a regular base. Again Welcome aboard. Bud Smile

Brian R Walters

PSSST Sam, run away now now - these people are nuts !!! I mean that in the nicest way possible... :lol: Welcome ! Great little boats though ! Cheers !
"the other Brian Walters"
Welcome aboard! You picked a great design.
Welcome, and good luck with your new build. This is a great place for both technical and moral support. Post questions and comments often, and it makes the whole experience that much better.

James Sanders

Welcome aboard, Sam—

Glad to see someone from Pensacola coming our way! Some of my early boyhood years were spent near Escambia Bay. Yes, Craig Gleason is nearby, and so are a couple of more builders in the Milton/Pace area, but their boats are Weekenders (as I recall). At any rate, you have several folks nearby that can be of help. Capt'n Trey is another boatbuilder, just a little beyond Mobile, I believe. His, too, is a Weekender, but he has made some major modifications with his boat.

Let me warn you, however, about some of the folks who post here. Take that Barnacle Jim, for instance. I, for one, would never believe anything he might tell you. Supposely, he is working on a boat himself, but he lives in the middle of a desert. Sam, there's something wrong with that picture, something wrong indeed. Another one you want to be careful with is Ken Connors. He did build a boat, or so he claims. Some of us, however, suspect his boat might just be a carboard model, not a real boat at all. Chris Gerkin used to post here, and stole a lot of Ken's ideas. Crashed his computer he did. Then there's that rogue, Scott Widmier. He'll probably tell you something along the lines of a Vacationer being a good design. I must tell you, though, that he never built a Vacationer. He did build a highly modified version of the Pocket Cruiser, and even painted it red. For most of us, red is an unlucky color, but it seemed to have worked OK for Scott.

Welcome aboard, Sam. Adventure begins here. With all the good available choices, you're bound to make a good friend or two.
Welcome to another Vacationer, hope your have fun building and sailing her Sam.

We'll try to offer our comments and solutions as you build. Welcome to the Madness.

Brian R Walters

Holy crap, Bud your post ALWAYS crack me up. One point though, Sam, I can personaly attest to the fact that Ken has a set of (well-loved) Vac plans (although he has nothing to show for them at the moment...)
Pages: 1 2