BYYB Forums

Full Version: Pymatuning June
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ahh, I understand that. The kids will be disappointed, but I'm just thankful you're able to come that far at all. How long's the drive and which boat are you bringing?
It is a 12 hour drive from Atlanta to Akron, Oh. I decided not to subject the bearings on my trailers to that long a drive (though it would if I still had the PC) so am bringing a cartoppable 12' dory that I designed myself. only problem is I was going for a wide range of load carrying capacity so put a lot of rocker in the boat making her kinda tender for sailing. I just bought a rather large and flat water container I plan on filling and sitting on (right height) as ballast to stiffen her up. I also plan on putting in some more floatation though it is hard to cut up the wonderful free flow of her insides. Thinking about floatation/storage compartments in the bow and stern. Anyway, some pictures are below,

Jim, when are you planning on heading back on Sunday? Could I possibly head back with you to get a look at that Kingston you are building?

http://home.comcast.net/~widmier/

[Image: image016.jpg]
Hey Scott,

I not sure what time we will be heading home but after being there the whole week probably not too late: although you know the best conditions of the week will be what ever time I load the boat onto the trailer.

As you know you are always welcome, are you heading back to GA on Sunday?

Jim
We are heading back to GA on monday though some of our friends in Akron want to throw a picnic for us sunday evening. You know the best conditions will be around 12pm on sunday as always. I was kinda hoping to stick around until 3pm to get some more sailing in.

J Stephen Mustico

I have reservations for site 546 the nites of 6/23-6/25.
Smile

I should have a boat.

And what this crazy S#@t about no beer?

J. Stephen Mustico
No alcohol allowed in PA parks. Cuts down on the vandalism, noise, and etc... but does hamper the BS around the fire.
Pages: 1 2