BYYB Forums

Full Version: Gorilla Glue and Filling Screw holes questions/comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used Gorilla Glue on my internal components (seats, box, shelves, etc.). I used stainless steel screws to hold the stringers etc in while the glue dried. I would recommend that anyone using the Gorilla Glue....wipe the excess glue as it cures (it is an expanding glue) because gutting/trimming with a razor blade was a pain and I cut/marked up my plywood with the razor.

Any ideas on how to fill the screw holes left behind (deck and hull sides)? I was thinking of just using Gorilla glue since it expands, but I think I have heard other people recommend epoxy and/or 5200 sealer. The stuff will be painted over (inside the boat) and glassed over (outside of boat).
Make an epoxy filler and cover the holes with it. 5200 is too soft and you don't want to sand the excess off. Inside the boat you could go cheaper and use bondo for painting or make wood plugs if they were countersunk.

Keith

Robert Espe

Just use bondo, you'll be glassing over it anyways, so it doesn't really matter what you use as long as it dries and fills the hole.
Makes sense, just cover/fill it and glass it.