BYYB Forums

Full Version: Don't you just hate it when...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after spending some quality time with your boat you again get pulled into so many directions doing so many things that your boat project again takes a back seat. I am beginning to feel that there is an underground conspiracy against me, my boat, or maybe both.

I got most of the bad epoxy sanded off, only have the transom and a few spots left to hit lightly, then I plan to recoat the whole thing with some nice new West System and reapply the cloth and only one or two more coats after that. Then I can work on the interior dagger board box and seats, and rub rails and call it a boat. Nevertheless, all of this is after I get 30 pens made for the upcoming eight grade graduates. I did this last year and it is now expected (not exactly sure how that happened).

The good news is that I am only down to one class a week, and one job will be wrapping up for the summer in less than five weeks and I plan on turning into a full time boat builder… nothing will stand in my way at that time!?!

I will be on the water hopefully by the end of JUNE if all goes well and I don’t answer my phone for a month.

Darick_Anderson

Bill
I know the feeling, I got my PC plans and the bergies on the same day.

It was finals week and I started a new job all at the same time. Sad
I made it thru finals and managed B grades in all my classes Tongue , but
I have not managed to glue two pieces of wood together yet. I have been studying these plans and Im going to get to it come heck or high water :twisted:

Brit, did call to see if I was still alive, :lol: ...Barely!!!

Thanks Brit, sometimes you just need some motivation Big Grin

Darick
alright you two - don't make me come over there! Big Grin

i am fixin' to do my last set of finals this weekend for serious - all my summer school classes are technical stuff ---read a book take multiple choice answer test etc.

and i still got the hole where the steering stub used to go filled - faired and sanded...sanded the hull on one side and will do the other tomorrow (why not ) have the rudder box modified and just need to make the tiller....took the sail off measured for reef points and need to cut those and sew 'em on....*grin*...thinkin' the boat should be ready for the water again by next weekend! :twisted:

a.

i am excited to see if i can get the hull number engraved on a plate and remounted...the sticker looks so ghetto.
Adla Paint the # on. keith had a post of how he did his and his look very good. I think you will like them better than routed in a board. But it is your boat and you and you alone get to make the call. Oh aint it good to be the Cap'N. Bud.
not that number bud - i did paint the hull number on the front - i am talking the official plate for state #s and stuff - i am expecting a bid to come back in the next day or so that has the longer hull # and state assigned control # along with a clip art anchor engraved...that will get mounted on the transom (req'd in nv) ... i got a new prop (non-trolling) for the motor, a ladder for boarding, and the sides sanded (because i love to repaint my boat) and am ready to make the tiller...

its better than a barbie doll---i hated those...but i love to re-dress my boat regularly and fiddle with the details.

i have even been practicing sewing the reef points and setting the grommets....practice makes better than first try!

a.
Adla Oh you mean that little sticker the state assignes . In this neck of the woods the state sends out a fish and game warden to inspect your boat before you can get your vin# then they mail it to him and he brings it back and puts one on the transom on the starbard side and another in a secret place only known by him and you. I had my secret no. put on the bottom of my porta pottie. I thought that was fitting. :wink: Bud.
well it aint required that the good warden and i know anything jointly in this state...they want me to put a **PpssESSStsttttt** Secret number sumwhare...too but morgaine doesn't have a S#$!%%@# so.... thar that is.

i jest wanted a pretty plate with her state assigned # is all....whaz wrong with that?

a.
Nutun make her pretty Bud. Smile