BYYB Forums

Full Version: Hello from Southern Michigan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone.

I have sailed and paddled and rowed, on and off for most of my 59 years, mostly in and around the Great Lakes.  Don't ask me to explain how it is that, despite growing up a 400 yard sprint from Lake Charlevoix in God's country, I managed to settle in a location of Michigan furthest from any significant water.  Anyway.  I admire all boats, wind or human powered, though there are some stink boats that catch my eye.  Having just completed my garage wood-shop in 2013, I am now proceeding with a dream I've had most of my life:  building boats!  Beyond dabbling for years, my first ground-up build has been a CLC Woodduck 12, currently hanging in the shop, awaiting a gap in other projects and my further sanding efforts.  Next will be a 10%-oversized, Matt Layden-designed Paradox, which I have imagined as being just about the perfect microcruiser.  Third in my queue is CLC's Autumn Leaves, who, despite her slab sides and squared-u sections, I find to be pure eye candy and looking quite capable for my boating pursuits.  At this point, I'll only list the first three boats I have fallen for, those for which I own plans.  Suffice it to say, my build queue is longer than it is reasonable to expect my life to last. 
And what a way to go!