BYYB Forums

Full Version: So here's a fun little boat I'm building...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A Mini Max!  It's been fun to have another project.  Especially a small one that allows me to progress even when we're busy with kids sports in the fall.

http://muskokaseaflea.ca/StaticWeb2/?page_id=61

[Image: RwebVCbdTDe4SUuM88LdXAT0HuXXv9pFywnvC7oG...32-h974-no]
Looks like a fun project! Should be a quick build in between normal life activities.
Enjoy! and please post some pics with the progress.
(08-31-2018, 10:00 AM)Zommrindel Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a fun project! Should be a quick build in between normal life activities.
Enjoy! and please post some pics with the progress.

Transom and sides are now on.
That inner stringer is just loose-laid in the boat.

[Image: 7zOq5z8LqER1QQw3cxBcF6qrH87TAgu8mBex-NnH...32-h974-no]
I've been thinking of building a mini max myself for when I don't want to deal with trailer and launch ramp.  (Can be car topped or thrown into pickup bed.)  Bought the plans and a used lateen rig & sail.  I figure about $500 to build one not including rigging and spars.  I'll be following your build and look forward to you impression of its sailing characteristics when you eventually launch.
(09-04-2018, 09:18 AM)Mark Shank Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking of building a mini max myself for when I don't want to deal with trailer and launch ramp.  (Can be car topped or thrown into pickup bed.)  Bought the plans and a used lateen rig & sail.  I figure about $500 to build one not including rigging and spars.  I'll be following your build and look forward to you impression of its sailing characteristics when you eventually launch.

I have all of the heavy framing up (I use the phrase 'heavy' in a loose manner with this boat).
I think I'm into it for about $350.

Not including a new belt sander because mine went belly up.
I doubt the photo will show, but I've primed and painted inside the cockpit.

[Image: yX2LAMW0yZPL0LTVAG21-aC14Q8C7sK0t8aJ5bS0...23-h969-no]
(09-22-2018, 07:18 PM)Bosch232 Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt the photo will show, but I've primed and painted inside the cockpit.

[Image: yX2LAMW0yZPL0LTVAG21-aC14Q8C7sK0t8aJ5bS0...23-h969-no]

If you actually want people to be able to view your photos, I suggest using a different photo hosting service.  Google is requiring sign-in to view.
Imgur doesn't work either.

What do people use on this site?
Imgur works for me.  Here's how to do it:

Upload your photo to imgur.  In imgur, click on the photo's thumbnail to open it.  Click "Copy" next to the Direct Link.

Return to the post you're creating here at BYYB forum.  Click the "insert image" icon above the text entry box.  Paste the URL you copied from imgur.  You will also have to input a length and width.  I typically use 600 wide x 450 high for landscape, 450 wide x 600 high for portrait.  Then click Insert.  Done.

I used to use Photobucket until they gave all it's users a giant middle finger with their new third party hosting policy.  I'll never go back to Photobucket again.  I also dislike any photo hosting site that makes your viewers sign in to their account when all you want to do is share a photo with others.
pWhy don't you guys just press the "choose file" button under the text box, where it says "new attachment"? When I do that, it gives me the option to pick a photograph from my computer and directly attach it to the message. I don't need to fool around with "image hosting" services. I never have.

The only problem I have is that I have to tinker with the size of the file, because this forum will only allow you to attach files of less than 500mb, but this is easy to do on a desktop. Much easier than using an "image hosting" service, whatever that is.
Pages: 1 2