BYYB Forums

Full Version: 2006 July 4th Alaskan Fleet Messabout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today, I offically posted the 2006 Alaskan Fleets' Messabout at the North Shore Big Lake State Park. See the Messabout and Boatshed Forum for more detail. 8)

I am excited about this event, Craig and Angie's fault, they got me started and now I am on a roll. :wink:

I have made this an open event, although I expect four Stevenson Boat Builders to attend. I hope to draw other wooden boat builders as well, including potential and future Stevenson boat builders here in Alaska.

This event is also open to any of you folks in the lower forty-eight or Canada if you want to fly up or over.

[Image: normal_3w.JPG]
YAHOO! This is going to be one of the best sailing seasons in BYYB history. 8)
That's great Mike, hope you get a good turnout. There's nothing like sailing with like minded folks. We keep our foul weather jackets hanging next to the straight jackets for just such occasions.
It sounds like you have enough boats to get the fleet going up there, is there enough interest in forming one? If so I'll give you the nomination of becoming the Fleet Commodore, what do you say.
Hope you get out there soon, maybe you should add some steel to you stem and break through the ice to get things started.

Keith
Good deal. Go for it Hoser!!
Keith,

I haven't looked, but I think Steve Hale, of Ketckikan and Jeromy of Anchorage are current members. Mark Gudschinsky and his Family, have three Stevenson boats, he might have let his membership lapse. Maybe, I can talk his wife Doreen in to being Fleet Commodor and reup. :lol: Doreen plans some good events. She also designed our Fairbanks Fleet Flag back when the above photo was taken.

I wish Steve was closer, he's a good guy. However, Alaska is so spread out that some of the builders in Canada are just as likely to visit. :wink:

There may be some future interest in A BYYB Fleet, we'll have to see.