BYYB Forums

Full Version: where is everyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone working on projects right now? I have not seen any new posts lately, and I enjoy reading other peoples comments.
Folks hopefully are getting their last sails in for the season, if they haven't bedded down for the winter. I have a few projects going and have seen a few here with new builds underway. Timo's schooner is coming along nicely (see "Continuing Discrete" thread) and another fellow is 90% done with my Murphy design. This site's specific focus means limited activity, compaired to other discussion forums, but we're getting them built too.

What are you doing Tinman? I'm making a new sheer profile on my ketch, raising it up midship about 4" and making it a reverse curve, down to the bow and sugar scoop stern. I have a transom to finish, a couple of spars to build and a few designs in the works, so a light fall for me.
I am getting my workshop cleaned up so that I can start on a vacationer. I have also been laying out parts on cardboard, so that when I start with the plywood, I can lay out thecardboard so as to get the best useage of the plywood with the least amount of scrap. The planned name for the vacationer is John B, which makes sense if you listen to the beach boys. (the vacationer is a sloop)