BYYB Forums

Full Version: Some progress....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like I've been sanding forever. And there's still tons left.
But I reached a significant point of progress (not necessarily a milestone).

I applied two coats of epoxy primer to the hull. Now to sand it down and paint the hull, so I can get back to work. 59 days left....

[Image: epoxy_primer_2_coats.JPG]

oH mY hEcK!!!!!
hurry up!

a.
Hey, I can mess around with the top anytime I want. There's just one chance on the bottom... Big Grin
Don't get too carried away and use up all your zip on the bottom, it's the top the folks see. :lol:
Hey there,

I feel your pain. While it's not quite true that you only get once chance at the bottom ... I'd rather have done it right the first time than have to revisit it now and miss out on sailing in all this gorgeous weather.

I'm two coats of primer into the bottom ... two years after my first launch. The hull's nice and smooth now, far more so than when I first painted her, and I'm going to hit it with a couple of additional coats of primer as soon as I can get cash for it ... come on taxes, hurry up! Watching paint dry really sucks, so I'm doing all the other things I never got around to while I wait. Smile

I'm at about 57 days to get done, so we're neck and neck to the water.
That really looks good Brit, a far cry from when I saw it last. Keep it up, you'll make it yet.