BYYB Forums

Full Version: Screwing down the roof by yourself...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the plans and videos have you attach the hull sides before building the cabin. But since I am using thickened epoxy for my adhesive (meaning I have to dry-fit everything prior to assembly), and don't have several family members or friends available when I needed them to sit on the edges of the plywood for me, I came up with this solution.

[attachment=1599]

[attachment=1600]

I go into greater detail on my blog. https://kingsfoldsailboat.blogspot.com/
To be a successful boat builder, you need to be creative at times. This is problem solving 101 and the real motivation behind most of this creativity.
For me, that is the true charm of boat building.  If it weren't for the challenges, it wouldn't be any fun.

Al
Of the boat plans sold, only a small percentage (surprisingly so) actually get splashed. If it was easy, everyone would be building 18' center consoles with well used, 50 HP outboards hanging off their butts.
(04-11-2017, 11:57 PM)Paul Riccelli Wrote: [ -> ]To be a successful with the size genetics boat builder, you need to be creative at times. This is problem solving 101 and the real motivation behind most of this creativity.

Yes! Thinking outside the box is key to building great boats.
Very good idea! Looking forward to seeing more pics of your project.