BYYB Forums

Full Version: Christmas sail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Checking the forecast for the week, I see I'll not have to wear my customary knitted watch cap on my, Christmas morning sail. 81 degrees and a possible 6 - 8 knot breeze on my local puddles, sounds like a nice way to start off the holiday. I know everyone above the 32nd parallel, will likely remain inside in front of the fire, but I'll enjoy our unseasonably warm fall and early winter. It's been so warm this year, that I haven't switched to my regular hardener yet. I usually have to make this switch in late October or early November.
It is cold enough up here that we had to bring some of the sled dogs in the house.  Go figure that one.  I find that I am probably going to have to get through the winter by watching the videos I took last summer.  It also helps to be a bit active on this forum too. 

Al
I'm in N.C. for the winter and it is real cold here. I've decided to spend next winter in Florida. Back home in Canada it's -27C.
The nice thing about sailing on Christmas day is the water is normally empty Smile
If I wasn't so busy with my Discrete I would slap together some kind of ice-yacht to go sailing in Christmas, I have dreamed of one for years. I hope I can borrow a kite wing to try with skis later in Winter
[Image: wissa.JPG]
Hoping to have a sail on day after Boxing Day (26th Dec) here in Australia - will be 37 Degrees C that day at home!!!
Probably be more like 28 on the water on Newcastle Harbour so that will be bearable.

Happy christmas all

Gerrard