BYYB Forums

Full Version: New pocket rocket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Attached is a new design, a little scooter, less than 12' long, can carry two adults and requires very little power to get up and scoot. Designed to be stout, handle well, can take on chop way better than the typical class hydro's and has a real monohedron hull form, so she's predictable and trustworthy.

You can see there's not many parts to her, which keeps her cheap and light. Less than 2 gallons of epoxy to build and she'll do fine with a 10 HP engine. She'll even plane off with a 5 HP, though you'll need to be a relatively small skipper to hold full plane mode in a chop. Her bottom is pretty thick for a small boat, but this is because she's capable of running quick, so needs the reinforcement.
Paul, there is a guy studying in the same school with me who might be interested. You wouldn't happen to have CNC-files, would you? Wink We have a machine available at school.
No, I've never learned how to develop "cut files" for panel layouts, but I understand most places that run CNC mills, can do the conversion pretty easily.
Paul, this is a beautiful little boat!  I am assuming you have the plans for sale?  Has anyone buit it yet, or are the plans to new for that? What are your asking for the plans?

Regards,

Will
I'm building a prototype and the plans are new, so I haven't set a price yet, but not much. It would take a jet easily too. With lots of worn out PWC (jetski's) around, you can get one for $500. You'd cut out the engine and jet, tossing most everything else, for transplant into this puppy.
nice little design, looking forward to seeing the prototype. will your plans include things like steering linkage setup? how would this boat fare in protected ocean water for short island hops, fishing etc?