BYYB Forums

Full Version: How to reduce pictures size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know how to reduce file size of photos with new serial software?

I took some photos with my new mobile (automatically recorded in Megas), but this list reject them because too big.
I run under Windows 10 and Office 2016 and I'm not able to find the trick to resize  pictures using the software in these suites.

Can someone help me?

Gianluigi
Open the image in whatever "viewer" you are using (just double click on the image name and the viewer you have will open it) and resize, rotate as desired, are typically found in the "View" menu. You can also right click on the image in any directory, where it lives and this will usually give the option to edit, rotate, crop, resize, etc. If you are able to select the size, 1,200 pixels will usually fit most folks screens and be small enough to upload.
(06-02-2016, 03:11 PM)Paul Riccelli PE,NA link Wrote: [ -> ]Open the image in whatever "viewer" you are using (just double click on the image name and the viewer you have will open it) and resize, rotate as desired, are typically found in the "View" menu. You can also right click on the image in any directory, where it lives and this will usually give the option to edit, rotate, crop, resize, etc. If you are able to select the size, 1,200 pixels will usually fit most folks screens and be small enough to upload.
Hi Paul,
unfortunately that was the past, now we are into a new era...
I'm trying to resume an old laptop and to resize photos by mean of an old and good (and free) software.
Gianluigi
there is a free program called
irfanview' you can download and it will allow you to resize a photo and keep both the original and the new size
Nothing has changed, a BitMap is still a BMP (raster) and a JPG is still a "Joint Photographic Experts Group" compression file and both are still handled the same way, just like all the other image formats.

All computers, laptops, tablets and personal devices have a "viewer" of some sort installed, though usually it's not very good, if you need to manipulate images. IrfanView is a popular freeware viewer, as is XnView, WildBit and FastStone.