BYYB Forums

Full Version: Rig tune
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks Paul, I know it made a noticeable difference but didn't really know why. I have had it out a few times now with the mast raked back. It's a lot more fun when I know I can make respectable wind ward progress. It's amazing how well it doesn't work with mast raked to far forward. It just becomes a reaching machine lol, not quite but it did seem to reach and run a little better before. A worthy compromise. My season is coming to an end here soon unless I buy a dry suit ( seriously contemplating). And I'm definatly thinking of one of your keel mods. I think my first mission will be to make the cabin and for peak water tight. I'd like to make the boat self retrieving. I want to take in big winds and flip it and try again. My other thought is cutting down the forefoot adding your centre board and throwing a little weight at the bottom of it. Not so much to reduce heeling in a blow but more so I could bail out the cockpit without it turtling single handed and a little more stable when we are just rafting. I'm notthinking a lot of weight  just a little sompin sompin.
Pages: 1 2