BYYB Forums

Full Version: Spring Time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good Morning Everyone,  It's spring time, who's digging out their boats getting ready for some sailing fun?  Would love to see pics of your boats, with you too so we can put names and faces together with your wonderful boats!

Regards,

Will
This is us Will:  http://ryersonclark.com/Site_3/Welcome.html

Just getting her ready for summer now.
I'm putting the lipstick on a lapstrake I've been doing. Delivery this week.
Very nice Paul!
Thanks Ryerson. Note the metal cutwater guard. It runs the full length of the stem/keel batten, spreading around the centerboard slot opening, tapering fore and aft, etc. I mention it because it was a bitch to cut, then polish up. It's started as a length of 3" x 1/8" 6061 T-6 alloy. The part that's visible in the photo is about 1 1/2" wide, tapering down to about 7/8" on the lower cutwater (stem). I can't tell you how many hours it took to grind through 220, 340, 400, 600, 800, 1,000, 1,200 grip paper, before moving onto the cutting pads, which eventually stopped at 3,000, before the liquid polish was used. Looks nice though. Lastly, ever have to bend an 1/8" alloy around a 2 1/2" diameter form, without kinking it? No heat, just cold formed with a leather mallet and some cussing.
Cussing always helps.
Hi, New here on forum! First post and it's a doosey. Built a weekender few years ago and just finished pecking at a Skipjack over the winter. Going on my third weekend sailing her and just love the boat. Taking her down to Long Island sound this weekend to race my son's O'Day 192. Being a wood patternmaker for foundries do have woodworking traits. Do a lot of my work on a good ol hand crank Bridgeport. Everybody on the cnc and I'm one of the few old horses left in the barn. I'm 59 and still can't figure out the change over of 8 track tapes to cassettes. Or let me say.......... no nothing ......about computers, cell phones, twitter and twatters etc. Nor do I want to except sometimes like now........... How do you post pics here ? Be slow and easy on me. Think you will like my pics. Thanks for any help! Can we post all pics at once like 20 or just a few at a time. Jerry
I'm older then you Jerry, and I can work a computer and a DVR!  There is hope with effort Smile  Can't tell you about photos here as never have done it.  I was wondering though, is there a Facebook page for this group?  So much easier then forums.
  Okay kidding a tad and am not that bad.....But did do a search for a step by step process of posting pics in this forum and there is just stuff about sizing pics. Everybody love pics as I do, and get great Ideas. Did send a lot of pics to Mike Stevenson this winter  while buying his beautiful  sails for my Skipjack he has. He suggested also I should post them here. Said he going to post some on his builders photos. Have a altered cabin on my Weekender that shifts weight forward that some folks might like to see. Opens it up too. My Wife and son tried to help with no success. Now what is facebook? Jerry
I have to install the rub rails and a few other assorted details (mast wedges, bedding, etc.) and she's ready for delivery. Bending in that combing was a bitch.
Pages: 1 2