BYYB Forums

Full Version: Okahu in Wooden Boat mag 'Launchings' section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I wrote up a little speel and sent it off to the wooden boat mag and the put it on their launchings page; check it out...fun!

http://www.woodenboat.com/launchings/okahu

I must make mention of my comments re the 'sacreligious' nature of building a Vacationer.  I used that term only in reference to those who make those negative comments in various forums about building weekenders or vacationers; usually those who are or propound to be, professional boatbuilders.  Yes of course you can highlight the limitations of these designs but it doesn't take anything away from the reality that they are boats that WE can build and have every satisfaction that comes with such endeavours from the building project to the subsequent sensible sailing and use of what I am discovering more and more to be a GREAT boat!

So, I hope I haven't offended any out there with my comments - it was much more a comment on the closed mindedness of some and not agreeing at all with the negative inferences of those sentiments.

Thanks Mike Stevenson for your vision!

cheers and happy building/sailing for 2015
Gerrard