BYYB Forums

Full Version: A great after work sail!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boy the winds were blowing in Ga today! I checked the local weather and we had gusts up to 23. I knew there was a reason I left the boat in the back of my truck. I took my 12 1/2 footer out after work today and had a wild time of it. I am really impressed with this little boat after today. She took a pounding and never got me too wet. The wind was howling out there and the lake was as messy as I've ever seen it. What a ride! There were a couple of times when I was searching for the mainsheet winch. Boy that sheet was hard!
The boat is called a Tech Dinghy made by MIT up there in Boston. They used them for training and racing and I really think they got it right. I searched around the web once and found a picture of one with 17 people onboard! If you ever get a chance to make one yours I highly recomend it. I got mine from a coworker 3 years ago who had it sitting in his driveway shedding paint peelings and collecting leaves. All I had to do was come and get it. I sanded it up and replaced the seats and splash combings, added a little paint and running rigging and once again she was ready for whatever you can throw her into.

She's a fun boat to play with and I don't have to worry about breaking anything because there's nothing invested in it. If it goes over, I get wet, flip the boat and bail. There's no electronics that got fried, no motor that sunk and no battery that landed on a body part after it became airborn. Just a simple boat with a sail, and a very well designed hull.

Keith